3 - One Question

★ ★ ★

Esai was so overwhelmed it took him a few seconds before he left the kickstand down and ran after her. Where the hell was this coming from? He didn't get it. He however wasn't about to let her go. If necessary, he would drag her into the clubhouse, no matter how hard she screamed. She should fix this shit with his dad; he just wanted to show him he had done what was expected from him. 

He grabbed her wrist when he'd caught up with her,  making her stop. "Come on girl... what the hell is going on?"

"I want nothing to do with your stupid club!" she yelled. 

"But why? I thought..."

"I don't care what you think! Just leave me alone!"

Her eyes were shooting daggers. Man, what a little spitfire. He hadn't expected it from her. He had to keep himself from crashing his lips down on hers, only to calm her down. 

He however knew it wouldn't work; she would probably slap him in the face. 

"I'm not a prospect okay?" he started in a reasonable tone. "My dad's the club president and he asked me to keep an eye on the new girl. That's what we Mayans do. We take care of each other. At least someone believes you're one of us."

"Over my dead body! I never want to be associated with a schizophrenic biker gang again!"

Esai suppressed a sigh. Where the hell was that hatred coming from? Had it something to do with that scar? With the dead of her family? His grasp weakened, although he didn't let go of her.

"I wanna be your friend," he said quietly. His own voice made him feel sick. He hated to kiss ass; he however had enough experience with girls to give it a shot. "We have a click, right? Until you found out about my dad, we were fine."

"It's not about your damn dad," she said in a threatening voice. "It's about the fact that you're sent to me like some fucking babysitter."

Annoyance started to crawl underneath his skin like a swarm of ants. "Since when does looking after someone turn you into a babysitter? You're damn paranoid man! I mean you no harm. Until five minutes ago I liked hanging out with you."

Grumpy, she turned her face away. 

"Well, what are you gonna do without me?" he huffed. "Sit in your room, do nothing? These people believe you're important. Why do you hate them so much?"

She snorted.  "You think I'll tell you? I know how these guys are. If I say one bad word your little club cuts out my tongue."

He suppressed a sigh. What else could he say? Should he let her go? For some reason he failed to pull his hand away from hers. 

"Then let's go somewhere else," he suggested. "Okay? It's not like they asked me to take you to the clubhouse. This is just the place where I use to hang out after school."

Slowly, she turned her face back towards him and studied his face. Only her left iris was moving when she looked from one eye to the other. 

"Okay," she said eventually, hesitating. "Where do you wanna go?"

"Where do you wanna go?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Some place where people ain't staring at me,' she muttered. 

"Okay, I know a place." He showed her an optimistic smile, then he led her back to his bike. 

★ ★ ★

Alesia wasn't completely convinced this was a wise decision. She didn't even know what had persuaded her. His mesmerizing eyes, his charming smile?