『 Twenty 』

⋆✩⋆

⋆✩⋆

Renjun and Donghyuck were snuggled up in Renjun's bed after spending their time watching two movies and playing a couple of rounds of intense Uno, the time now being two in the morning.

"Hyuck?" Renjun whispered, shuffling in bed to face the boy who was already facing him.

"Hm?"

"Do you think he hates me?" Renjun asked out of the blue.

"What are you talking about?" Donghyuck sighed, already tired of hearing Renjun beat himself up for not confessing to Jaemin.

"I've been avoiding him for days. Don't you think he would hate me?"

Donghyuck stayed silent for a while before answering with a simple, "Maybe."

"That's not helping."

"Hey, you asked and I answered," Donghyuck defended while sitting up on the bed and leaning his back onto the headboard. "You really need to stop overthinking this."

Renjun sat up as well, leaning onto the headboard with his legs tucked into his chest. "I'm scared Hyuck," he confessed, playing with the ring on his finger.

"You know the guy already likes you. What's there to be scared about?"

"It's just that... he and I are different and I'm scared I won't be able to understand him."

"Understand what?" Donghyuck furrowed his brows. Last time he checked, Jaemin was Korean and Renjun can speak fluent Korean, so what's this about not understanding Jaemin?

Renjun internally panicked as he tried to come up with some lie that Donghyuck could easily buy. "Well, Jaemin is... nevermind," he tried to brush off the subject by changing it, "How are you and Jeno doing?"

"Um no bitch," Donghyuck refused, rejecting the new topic. "You already reeled me in the far, so you're gonna tell me everything, from beginning to end."

"Beginning to end of what?" Renjun questioned, not understanding what Donghyuck meant.

"You and Jaemin's relationship. How'd you guys meet and where? Etcetera."

Renjun couldn't. The base of him and Jaemin's relationship all tied together with the secret he swore to keep, well... a secret.

"I can't Hyuck."

Donghyuck stared at Renjun for a while before leaning in close to whisper, "Does this have anything to do with Jaemin's special ability?"

Renjun widened his eyes at the younger's words. "W-What?!"

"So it does, hmm?"

"Did Mark tell you?" Renjun asked, turning his body to face Donghyuck's.

"Wait. What the... Mark knows!" Hyuck exclaimed, disbelief and shock taking over his features. "Wow. I feel like I'm being left out of... Whatever circle you guys are keeping me out of!"