Her dark eyes light up and her pink lips curl into a smile. "Perfect! You can stop advertising, I promise he'll take it. I'll show him and call you later." She purses her lips and sighs through her nose. "Wait, he's on probation. Would that be a problem?"

I bite my lip as I contemplate her words. "For murder, domestic violence, rape or anything to that extent?" Can't say I need rent that much.

She shakes her head, a horrified expression on her face. "No, nothing even close to any of those things."

I shrug. "Then I don't give a fuck. He could worship the devil for all I care, as long as he pays rent on time every month."

I'd just like to be able to pay my rent, his business is his business. She gives me another smile and tosses her long hair over her shoulder. "Perfect, he'll be in touch." She says and struts off in a cloud of perfume with a sway in her hips.

With that weird interaction over I grab a sandwich and a water and head back to my apartment. I didn't bother driving, needing the fresh air to help clear my clouded head. The air is cold but I don't mind. I eat my sandwich as I walk and ignore the stares I get. This campus is huge but it really doesn't feel that way when gossip spreads through it like wildfire. I keep to myself and never listen to the shit everyone talks about, but when the rumors are about how your boyfriend cheated on you it fucking sucks. I can't imagine how Ryan feels after what she's been through.

"Well if it isn't Wednesday Addams." A brown haired guy with tattoos says as I walk by.

I arch an eyebrow at him, he looks familiar but I can't place him. "Do I know you?" I swear I'm the worst at remembering names.

"I look a little different without the horns." He bows theatrically. "Lucifer, also known as Sawyer Westwood." He flashes me a devilish smirk.

Oh, the guy who was dating Olivia, the Olivia that became Kalebs side piece. That Sawyer. How could I forget? He was high as fuck on Halloween and this is the second time I couldn't remember him.

I cross my arms across my chest. "Mhmm, get any more toothbrushes stolen lately?"

Apparently right before Halloween the girl he hooked up with stole his toothbrush, who does that? That's just fucking weird.

He chuckles. "Nah, I kind of got over that." His face grows serious. "So I heard the story of our exes."

"They obviously deserve each other." I shrug, trying my best to remain nonchalant. As if I wasn't sobbing on my bathroom floor two days ago over my idiot ex.

He pushes his jaw length hair away from his face. "You have to watch your back around here, everyone's connected in one way or another."

Apparently.

"Presley!" Brynn shouts, sauntering up with a smile.

She's practically a ray of sunshine, it's almost annoying sometimes but most of the time it's refreshing. I only think it's annoying when I'm feeling down but that's also when I need her the most. Sawyer's eyes grow cold at the sight of her and he quickly walks off without another word. Guess he's still a little hung up over her.

"Hey." I reply, my tone less bubbly than hers.

Her eyes follow Sawyer's retreating form, her eyebrows furrowing, "Was that Sawyer?" I give her a nod in reply and she frowns for a minute, her eyes growing distant. She pulls me into a tight hug before I can blink, her green apple shampoo assaulting my nose. "I'm so glad to see you out, I could kill Kaleb." She says as she pulls away.

icon lock

Show your support for Katy, and continue reading this story

by Katy
@KatGee
Nixon is the 3rd book in the Broken Series. (Ryan is the 1st, Brynn i...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 53 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @KatGee.