~chapter 1~

(Btw I've self edited this whole book.)
  I picked up a pair of my black skinny jeans and slowly folded them. I angrily shoved them into the tiny blue suitcase I've had for years as I lost myself in my own thoughts.

Why am I even doing this? I shouldn't have even agreed to move in the first place! I'm not ready to leave the place where I've lived my whole life.

My mom just looked so happy to leave the big, busy city of new york to live in a small town somewhere in Oregon, where there is a lot less people and a lot less traffic. I have just never seen my mother so happy, she is always so stressed and tired from working in the city. She's not just my mother, she's my best friend and I want her to be happy.

I guess it wont be so bad. I will manage to make at least one friend. maybe moving there will even change my life. But I will just have to wait to see. I can just think of this as an adventure.

"CRIS!!!!!" My mom yelled, bringing me back to reality.

"What mom?" I asked with no interest.

She peaked her head into my room. "Are u done packing yet? We need to leave in about and hour and a half and i want to be completely ready when the time comes."

I looked at the suitcase and realized that, through all my thinking, i had been packing nonstop and i finished without even noticing.

"Ya mom I'm done." I said zipping the small suitcase shut.

My mom picked up my suitcase and we walked down stairs to the living room.

"I'm going to order a pizza for now, is that alright?" My mom asked me as she walked into kitchen.

"Yay pizza!!" I answered enthusiastically as I walked in after her.

"Haha I'll take that as a yes then?" She said with amusement.

"yes!"

I walked over to the table and sat down. As my mom got out her phone to call the pizza place i lost myself in my thoughts again.

I wonder what it would be like to live in such a small town. Less noise, less people. I guess i see why my mom is so exited. It would be so peaceful for once.

Before i knew it, the doorbell rang and I jumped up excitedly. My mom sat me back down and walked over to the door to pay.

She came back in with a big box and I could smell the deliciousness in the air.

We ate in silence and when the pizza was mostly gone my mom looked at me and smiled.

"It's time to go, sweetie." My mom said breaking the long silence.

"Alright." I said with a sigh.

She looked at me with a sad expression and sighed as well. We finally got are stuff in the car and drove off with me still longing to stay.

After about two boring, quiet hours, i fell into a deep uncomfortable sleep.