~chapter 8~

"I was eight at the time...." Marshall started, "My parents, my little sister, and I were on our way to Disney land and we were all singing along to Disney songs in the car. I know, I know, lame right?-"

"No not at all! There's nothing wrong with being a happy family and getting along!" I cut in.

He smiled at me and I instantly felt warm inside.

"Anyway.." He continued, "We had just left air port and it was just getting dark. We were going to stay in a hotel near by. We were all singing along to A Whole New World when..... There was a loud car horn and then... We got hit by a big truck. All I can remember were the sound of my mom screaming and the screeching of tires..."

He cringed and I assumed he was remembering all this and I felt bad... But I was also really curious, so I let him continue.

"I can remember looking over at my dad with glass in his chest and face and blood everywhere... And my mom......... Her head was gone... And various pieces of glass in her body."

He looked hurt and I put my hand on his. "I'm so sorry... You don't have to continue if you don't want to.."

He shook his head. "No, no, it's fine. Well after that, the next thing I new I was in a hospital bed with bandages all over my body... Including my eye.." He lifted his right hand and gently touched his eye. "They told me my parents were dead and that my little sister, Alli, was in a coma. At the time I didn't know what that meant... When they took the bandage off my eye, they got a nice surprise... They had removed the glass but my eye still lost it color and now I can barely see out of it.. I got out of the hospital the next week but Alli was still asleep. They didn't know how long it was going to be until she did wake up.

    "Three months went by and I was in foster care, but Alli... Was still asleep.. I had asked to see her every day since the day I left the hospital. I went to see her again that third month but she was awake.. I couldn't stop smiling even tho I didn't even know what was going on. All I knew was that I could talk to my baby sister again. The doctors let me talk to her but something was off...... She had gone completely blind from the accident. And she also lost her memories.

  "She was only four so there wasn't much lost but it still was heart breaking to think that she would never remember mom or dad.. She's eleven now and she knows who I am but she doesn't remember the happy times she's had with me and our parents. All she remembers is the hard life in foster care... I feel so sorry for her..."

He sounded on the verge of tears so I stopped him... "It's ok... It's not your fault... I would like to meet her some day.. Maybe we could all get ice cream and just forget about all the bad... Maybe.."

He chuckled and looked up at me. "I think she would like that."

So I didn't really know how to end this chapter.... This book isn't really turning out how I wanted it to... Please help me!!!