Chapter 5

~Natsu's P.O.V.~
"LUCY! NO! LUCYYYY!" Natsu shrieked. His hand was now empty. Natsu stood up, bracing himself to jump after her, when something held him back from behind. He turned to see Erza.
"She's gone... Natsu..." Erza said, a tear rolling down her face.
"She can't be! Don't say that! We have to at least know for sure!" Natsu broke free of Erza. He turned around, ready to jump after Lucy.
Erza grabbed his wrist. "She's gone. There's no way she could have survived that."
"But she...she..." Natsu's words broke off as his grief overwhelmed him. Erza held onto him as he leaned forward and cried.
Natsu put his face in his hands as he sobbed. I never got to tell her how I feel. I never got to tell her that I loved her. And now she's gone, Natsu thought.
"Come on... let's go..." Erza said. Natsu stumbled after her blindly, his sight interrupted by his tears. They walked in silence, with only the sound of Natsu's sobbing and the occasional grief-stricken sniff from Erza, which signaled that she too was crying.
Erza said something to Natsu and she stopped, but he didn't hear. He just kept walking, never stopping, never looking back.
-----------
Natsu had been walking for hours, days maybe. He didn't know. Everything was just a blur. He just kept walking, letting his feet guide him. He didn't care where he was going. He didn't care where he went anymore.
Because Lucy wasn't with him.