The class consists of 7 kids.

I'm glad.

It's quieter and easier to focus.

My canvas displays my name.

Everest Night.

Although the canvas has a different meaning to me, they get the gist.

I sign my signature at the bottom and pack up my paints.

Since I'm the only one who bothered to show up to class today I decided to leave to.

Why did it matter?

It was my last period and I already finished my project.

I wipe my hands clean of paint and hang my canvas on the drying rack before grabbing my backpack and cellphone. I give a small smile to sub along with my name since she didn't ask for attendance and make my way out of the classroom.

I walk down the quiet halls.

All you hear is the mumbles from each classroom you pass.

I made my way towards the front of the school, well putting in my headphones.

*****

Once I pulled my car up to the diner, the beautiful sign stood tall.

Sunshine Diner, I've worked here since I was 12.

It's your classic small town diner, right out of a teen movie or series.

I push open the door to be met with the overwhelming smell of milkshakes and bacon.

I gave a few 'hello's' and 'how are you's' to the regulars, and made my way to the back.

"Good afternoon Grace," I say to my boss.

She's my moms best friend.

She turns around and gives me a sweet smile before pulling me into a bear hug.

My body aches under her strong hold, memories of the night before rush threw my head.

She squeezes me tight and my body burns with pain but I don't let it show.

He's always watching and I can't let him think I gave it away.

I took a deep breathe and laughed to cover up the whimper that escaped my lips.

She pulled away from the hug and made her way to the front.

I picked up my apron and makeup bag and made it to the back.

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror and checked how good my coverage was on my face. A little yellow showed on my jawline so I rubbed in the concealer that was already there.

I never want to where much to the point that I look like a cake but I don't want my bruises to show.

Usually Emmet avoids the face but when he gets to into it he gets the occasional punch in.

I pull my apron on and tie it in a cute little bow in the back.

I pull my ponytail into a messy bun and grab my server notepad.

I took one last look in the mirror and made my way to the front of the diner to take orders.

I walked up to a young couple maybe in there mid-twenties and there daughter. She looked about 3.

"Hi I'm Everest, I'll be your server today. Do you know what you would like?" I asked.

The little girl looked at me and smiled.