CH 18

Keith's POV

'C'mon Keith, you're a detective. A damn good one too. If I had bottomless pockets where would I go? Also, I'm highly intelligent. I would hide in plain sight or a place without an extradition treaty.'

I ring up Smit. Hopefully, he has some good news for me.

"Smit. It's been two days since they left. Tell me you have news?"

"I might."

"Either you do or you don't. I don't beg."

"That's true. Usually, it's the girl begging you to get off her."

"One of these days, your stupid jokes will outweigh your use and I'll silence your trout mouth."

"Jeez, take it easy. The millionaire has a private jet. She recently filed a flight plan for a private island in the Caribbean."

"She owns an island?"

"Yes and no. She owns majority of the land in a sovereign nation. They do their own thing without her input but she funds them."

"How do I get to her?"

"Like I said it's private. All aircrafts have to be vetted before getting within fifteen miles of its airspace. All watercraft has to stay clear if it likes its the Bermuda Triangle."

"There has to be a way in."

"There is. In a week, there will be a summit held on the island. The politicians from surrounding islands will meet and discuss issues. All you have to do is fly down to an island and stowaway on a plane for the summit."

"When and where do I fly down?"

"The closest island would be a place called Pájaro. It's an old territory of Spain. The population size is less than a hundred thousand. As to when, I'd leave sooner rather than later. Security is going be tighter the closer we get to the event."

"We? There's no WE."

"Righty-o! I meant it figuratively. I want no parts in your personal vendetta."

"That may be the smartest thing you've ever said. I'll leave in a day or two. I have some shit to take care of. I'll call you when I leave."

'Ready or not, here I come! I'm gonna find you and make you suffer!'