CH 8

Jess's POV

If she won't tell me more about Keith, then I'm going to look him up.

'It's time to get the big guns.'

I called Andrej. Andrej is an ex-spook. He hasn't told me yet what kind of spook but he does excellent work.

"Speaking."

"Andy, I need any and all info on a Judith and Keith. I dont have a last name."

"That's enough for me. How far back do you want to go?"

"The womb."

"Hahahaha. Done. I'll call you and we'll meet up in two days. Take care yourself, kid."

"Always." I feel better with Andrej on the case but I'm still worried.

I've got to make sure their safe. I called all my staff and gave them the next month off. No one can know that Judith and Damien are staying with me. Next, I drive to the grocery store.

'Shit.' It looks like Judith's car was towed.

'Double shit. That means Keith may know that Judith has help. I'm pretty sure I didn't look into any cameras. Maybe, the clerk could identify me but that doesn't mean shit.'

I pull out the grocery lot quickly. There's always other grocery stores. Tonight seems like a pizza, wings, and beer night anyway. I stopped at Wal-Mart and pick everything for a pizza night.

I check my watch; I've been gone for two hours. Judith must be freaking out by now. Thankfully, I'm pulling into my garage now.

"Honey, I'm home!" I don't want to come in unannounced and freak them out. Plus, I always wanted to say that.

Damien rounds the corner and slams into my legs.

"Hey, bud. Everything o.k.?"

"Yeah. I thought you left us for good."

"Nope. Never going to happen, little man. You're stuck with me. Could you help me carry some things?"

"Yup." I hand a couple of light bags over. I carry all the heavier items. After four trips, we've emptied the car.

"Where's Mama?"

"In the bathroom." I take the pizza pies and bring them to the living room.

"I wasn't sure of your fancy so I got half cheese, half veggie, half pepperoni, and half meat lovers.Sound good?"

"Yup." Judith and Damien said in unison. We sat on the couch eating pizzas and sipping our drinks while watching cartoons.

"I'm tired, Mama."

"It is pretty late. I'll tuck you in." Damien leaves the room first.

"Could come back down afterwards I wanna talk to you?" I ask Judith. She nods slowly.