Superflash :a little care

It was several weeks since Barry and Kara had started dating.  (don't worry.  I will write it in superflash-one shots) 
Everything was going well.  But of course if they were flash and Supergirl,  how far could anything sail so smoothly.  

Barry was having no far trouble controlling his speed expect random fluctuations but keeping kara in light was helpful and relaxing.  Kara was very happy with Barry and constantly worried about him when he rushed headlong into danger because of  his speed but she didn't want to be looked as overprotective girlfriend.  Oh god did she just admitted she is his girlfriend.  But anyway neither had said it but  both knew what they were and how far this ship has already sailed.

After several weeks the absurd speedforce energy which had seeped inside him was becoming unstable and although Barry used to feel little pain time to time,  he didn't want to tell Kara and make her worry unnecessarily.  He was sure that it will be gone in few minutes or days.

While he was typing a new article for Miss grant,  Winn came in room and high five him.

"So how you doing buddy? " He asked.

"It is so perfect.  No worries nothing. " Barry  said grinning.  He liked Winn.  He reminded him of Cisco,  his best friend and as he thought about him,  he felt pang of pain inside him but then shrugged it off.  Now thus was his World and he should probably try to fit in. 

Kara on other hand right now was going to L-Corp to meet Lena.  Although her cousins kal didn't believe her coz she was Luthor,  Kara could see Lena was a very good friend and different from Lex. 

She was admitted instantly as receptionist there recognized her and when she went upstairs and was about to knock on door, she heard lena talking to someone.

"I am not giving you any krptonite. " Lena said angrily.

"Oh my daughter as if I would stop at your denial. " Lillian said and Kara breathed heavily.  So lena had Kryptonite and she didn't want to give it to Lillian.  Although she was mad at her for keeping Kryptonite,  she was glad to hear that Lena was on her side.

Lillian suddenly took out gun and just as she was able to fire,  Kara arrived in Supergirl form and hit her hard enough to knock her out.

"You ok Lena. " She asked worried for her friend.
"Ya. Nothing like being threatened by your evil mother can't be handled. " She said chuckling and Supergirl snickered.
"By the way, Lena you should have told me that you had kryptonite. " She said in hurt voice.

"I am sorry Supergirl.  But that wasn't mine but of Lex's stash in storage. " She said.
Kara nodded her head and then just as she was about to leave,  a news caught her attention.

"There is a heavy alien attack on Downton in National city.  As we can see the resident hero flash is fighting him with incredible speed that appear as white lightning here but it doesn't seem to affect him though.  Let's hope Supergirl comes and back up new hero. "

Supergirl suddenly winced as she saw flash being thrown by alien.  Lena said "Go Supergirl.  Save your flash. " And winked.  Supergirl gasped and turned red to which Lena laughed and she shot off to destination.

There was heavy fight going on.  But it wasn't that alien was any stronger but flash appeared weaker than usual.  Superb dived and superpunched him which broke alien's rib but he swinger his blade and hit flash in the stomach completely passing that blade through him.  Kara shuddered at sight of blade piercing Barry and quickly lasers eyed him and knocked him out.  Flash on other hand ran away but due to heavy blood loss fall in middle of desert.

Kara flies after him.  Her heart was pounding hard and she was very scared and worried for Barry. When she saw him lying sprawled lifeless on desert sand,  she broke into tears which she never had and then quickly took him to DEO screaming for doctors.

While they rushed him to med-bay,  she stood still with tears staining her face and blaming herself for not being able to help him.

Alex saw her sister broken and went to her and hugged her to comfort her.
"It is my fault.  I should have reached early.  I should have.... " She broke off and Alex sushed her.

"Hey it is not your fault.  Barry would want you to stay strong remember.  " She said and Kara wiped her eyes. Kara went in med-bay and sat beside him holding his hand and caress his hair.

After two hours, he woke up and found Kara snoozing off nearby and found her sleeping face to be adorable. He tried to slip out without catching her attention but Kara suddenly woke up with jolt. She looked at him and hugged him hard not caring how many bone she could break.

"Hey. Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up.  " He Said.

"Shut up,  Barry.  You are so hurt.  You should not go to danger headlong. " She said annoyingly.

"Oh I am sorry my sweet kryptonian. " He said melting her and she giggled while kissing him. 

"Barry,  you were weaker today.  I saw it.  What's happening? " She asked.

"Oh it is nothing. " He said shrugging but Kara held him firmly.

"Barry,  please tell me.  Do you not trust me? "

"I do but...

But what Kara asked.

"I just don't want you to worry about me. " He said looking down.

"Barry,  I will always worry about you. " She said cupping his face.

"Well for last few days,  I am feeling little pain every once a while.  I don't know why but I shrugged it off.  Maybe that's why using my speed enhanced it. " He said.

"Oh Rao.  You should have told me that. Now let's go to home.  " She said gasping and pulled him and flied slowly so not to hurt him.

"Barry,  today no arguments.  You are sleeping on my bed.  " She said.

"What?  No no.  It is your house.  I will sleep at couch. Beside this wound is already almost healed. " He denied.

"No,  you are hurt.  And Barry,  you could say it our house.  And I think we can sleep together now. " She said and then quickly rambled nervously seeing his eyes widening.
"I don't mean like that.  I mean not right now just not that I am imagining it.  No I don't mean I don't want to....... But I mean. " She stuttered.

"Kara, do you want me to sleep in bed with you. "

"Yes" She sighed.

"Why didn't you say so? " He laughed.

"Hey. It is hard to phrase. " She said turning red and holding her face in her hands.

"Oh you are looking so cute now. " He said. "Not that you are not cute always. " He mimicked her rambling and she gave him an embarrassed playful glare.

Goodnight Kara

Goodnight Barry

And our both heroes dozed off unaware of what Lillian was planning for them,  invasion,  and apocalypse of destruction awaiting their life