Interview and first day

Barry had pretty lousy day moving in national city all by himself. It was not that he wanted to sum it all as a total waste but something about no particle accelerator explosion incident and aliens here made him uneasy at first. Though he found Supergirl to be cool. Well she was pretty as to say for least.
Then to his amazement he found that he caught Supergirl in his arms at jitters. He was done with being searching crime scenes, homicide and collecting evidence. Not like he was bored of it. He was too nerdy and geeky about it. But he figured out that bring reporter and writing stories will also be helped immensely with his powers of speed. So he just asked Kara awkwardly for it and she beamed strangely while telling him.

He got ready for this morning. It was big day . He saw there were only few minutes left so he flashed out of abandoned barn which he had found on outskirts of city and then came out of lift and his eyes roamed searching for kara in room. Suddenly when he turn, he found a blonde determined and intimidating in her own way looking at him like he wasn't supposed to be here.

"Who are you supposed to be? " Cat grant asked.

"Oh! My name is Barry Allen. Actually kara told me that Catco was looking for reporter so I came here for interview. " He said with smile which faded when he noticed Miss grant strangely looking at him.

"Well barney I am Cat grant queen of media and you better be worth for all snickering these ladies are doing about your look" She said . It would have made Barry blush deep red but he resisted coz he didn't want to get bad side of this women.
Suddenly Barry was saved by interruption from a familiar voice.

"Hey Barry. " Kara said then she saw miss grant " Oh Miss Grant this is... "

"I know it is barney " She said while going away.

"It is Barry" He said quitely but to no avail.

"Oh Barry miss Grant gives name here. Come on I will show you where you have to do work . You know I am reporter too. " She says excitedly while squeezing his hand little too hard.

"Ow" Suddenly Barry yelped.

"Oh I am so sorry, Barry. " She said nervously while shifting. Barry felt sorry for her. It must be hard every time controlling her strength.

"It is okay. I heal fast. " Barry suddenly wanted to kick himself at slip of words.

"What do you mean? " She asked puzzled.

"Oh! I mean.. Don't they say nerds heal fast. " He said apparently failing to say anything.

"Never heard. Must be nerd thing. " She said smiling .
"Yeah." Barry said.

"Well guess we are working together in same room. It will be good to have someone watch your back. " She said jumping like child.

"You mean explaining your sudden absence. Well I guess every time anyone ask I would say you are in washroom. " Barry teased her.

"I swear I will melt your face if you did so" She said though not sounding sure

"Noted." He chuckled.

"Well first of all you would have to impress Miss Grant.mm with some good piece or information. " Kara said and not even thinking twice before slipping her hand into Barry's.

"All gather here in my office and kiera put a hold on my dinner night at Lynchburg tonight. " Suddenly Grant's voice was heard. She pointed at the streak of lightning in photo .

"As I told you earlier, I need interview , a clear picture and a name for it

"As I told you earlier, I need interview , a clear picture and a name for it . " She said swaying her hands in bossy manner. So what are you waiting for? Get to work, dwaddles.

Only Kara and Barry stayed in room. Barry was amused and was getting a feeling of greatness.
"Miss grant if I can arrange you interview with Flash and get a picture then what time will it be good? " Barry said smiling. Kara was looking at him strangely.

"Whoa. You are fast. Well I think 8 would be great. Flash. Not too much incetiveness but will do. Now shoe Mr Allen and kiera show him his office at next cabinet. " She said and got back to her laptop.