Not very normal day

Kara woke up finding to her horror that barely five  minutes were left in  serving Miss Grant her latte. She vaguely remembered last night spending with Alex at DEO and then rushing off to bed after  long hours of working as supergirl. She quickly sped into shower ,pored water and then wiping with towel and wore clothes. She didn't have even time to set her hair as she went to shop and ask Kate for Miss Grant's latte.

"Hi kara. Here is your latte. I like this new hairstyle thought can't say same for Miss Grant." Kate chuckled handling her cup.

"Probably will set it out in way. Thanks . It was nice to see you Kate." Kara said rushing off and just in time to arrive as lift open and MIss Gant came with her handbag.

"Here Miss Grant your latte." Kara said handling her latte to which she shooed away. 

'Kiera did i tell you ever the story of smoking hot guy with his girlfriend at a park on bench. They used to forgot others are still there until I chop chop and made him realize that.huh! nah then did i not tell you today to take a leave. ' She said and it suddenly struck Kara that she woke up for nothing and she almost wanted to beat herself to pulp though her superstrength maybe too effective.

'Oh! I guess i will just go now, Miss Grant.' She said timidly.

"Right! take care kiera." She said and then swamped to her office. Suddenly she got a ping on her phone. It was from DEO. 

'Hey kara, there is huge energy disturbance in middle of desert. I am sending you location.' Winn said. (In this reality, Winn left Catco after live wire and silver banshee were defeated collectively by superman and supergirl. Also Mon-el died with explosion of daxam. )

'On it.' She simple nodded and then flew across the city wearing her supergirl costume. 

When she got there then breach had began to shrink and suddenly a guy in red suit shot at such incredible speed that she was finding hard to keep up with. She saw him leaning on a board that read National City and then he disappeared all of sudden and she lost him After carefully seeing everywhere, she got annoyed and then landed in DEO.

"Well! What was it Supergirl?" Hank Henshaw the director of DEO asked.

"I have no idea. I mean i was just hovering in sky and then from energy surge thing like wormhole he ran like thundering hailstorm and disappeared." She said clearly confused.'

Well! we would have to determine if he is threat or not." J'ONN J'ONN said.

"Wait. How do you know it is a 'he' and not a 'she'?" Winn asked.

'Oh please. It was a he. I am sure of it.Anyway i am gonna head back to Catco. Miss grant would be woozy over it. Call me back if you find something. See you Winn.' With it she took off ignoring all stares.

AT CATCO WORLDWIDE MEDIA

'Finally a new match for supergirl. 'Miss Grant said. 

'How do you know that it is a hero and not some like villian.' Kara asked although she too was thinking same.

'Oh come on ,kara. I can sense the greatness  when I notice it. The way this blur was running was clear that he is a hero and certainly a new match for our beloved hero Supergirl.' She said enthusiastically.

'hmm' was all Kara could say. She didn't think him as a match. well guess time would tell. For now she needed a coffee in jitters.

As she was walking through door, suddenly she slipped on wet floor and was about to be embarrassed until she was caught by arms of a stranger. She looked back and couldn't just help staring at him . He has green pearly eyes and his hair and his smile. Perhaps it was just a second she thought but she broke out of trance when he waved his hands in front of her. She quickly straightened up and gave her hand.

'Thanks......' She began.

'Barry. Barry Allen.' He said smiling and she couldn't help giggling like idiot.

'I am kara. Kara Danvers.' She said.

They both sat on a table while their coffee was served.

'I know this might sound strange way to start conversation.' Barry said.

'Other than catching someone...' She chuckled and he blushed little.

'Well! do you know any media organisation who might be in need of reporter.' He asked. Kara beamed at this and almost wanted to scream that you can work with me at Catco.

'As a matter of fact, I do. Catco is one. I can even get you interview there tomorrow.' She said.

'That's nice of you. Thanks Kara.' He said happily.

'Sure. No problem .' She said smiling.

'Must be cool having an alien watching over city right. What was her name powergirl something.' He said catching her off guard. She blushed but then was confused. Everybody knew about her.

'Ya supergirl. She wants to stand for freedom and give people hope.' She said beaming.

'Ya. I read her exploits today. Pretty cool. I can understand how tuff it would have been up for her to make people trust her after Red k incident. Don't blame yourself for it kara.' He said suddenly making her gasp.

'How do you know i am supergirl.' she slipped and then instantly regretted.

'Glasses don't hide your beautiful face well.At least for me. Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me.' He said calmly in tone which made her relax. 

'Yeah. well it was my cousin's idea.' She said.

'Could i ask you something?' He asked.

'Yeah.' She said wondering what it might be.

'wanna take me for flying someday. i mean of course if you want to not that...'he began.

'I would love to.' she cut him off with her heart pounding more surprisingly. 

'Great. I will see you tomorrow at Catco.' he said and paid for his coffee and just as he was about to go, kara held his hands .

'Hey! how will you contact me? Here take my number.' She said as she wrote her number on a paper and gave it to him. Then he stepped out of coffee and was gone. Kara stepped out just after 2 seconds and saw him nowhere.

'Strange.' she muttered to herself. There was no way he could have gone so fast. She shrugged herself and went to home smiling.