28. Royal Medical Exam

Magsimula sa umpisa

"If that's the case, I'll send Kaylon over to the Royal Medical Department to schedule an exam for you," Rowan smiled, seemingly convinced that she didn't require any more preparations.

"Thank you," Elianna returned a smile, relieved that he hadn't probed further. 

Over dinner, the knights were chatting among themselves when Elianna entered the dining hall. Kaylon caught sight of her immediately and announced, "Elianna, your exam is scheduled to be two days later!"

Pleasantly delighted by the news, she beamed, "Thank you, Kaylon!" 

Alec raised his glass towards her and smiled widely, "All the best! Let's celebrate after you're done." 

"That's only valid if I pass the exam," she laughed. 

"We have faith in you, " Ilias followed to raise his glass towards her.

"I'm sure you will do well," Rowan added.

"No doubt," Tristan winked.

Warmth brimmed in her heart and she was sure that if everyone else was still alive, they would have the same unwavering faith in her. An ache surfaced but she made sure the pained feelings didn't make it to her expression. Elianna was determined to do well because she wanted to make everyone proud. 

The two days before the official appointment for her examinations, Elianna worked hard on her preparations and made sure that she had gone through the medical texts thoroughly. This morning, she woke up earlier than usual to freshen up and reached over to give a tight squeeze on Thunder for some confidence boost. She murmured, "I'll do well, right?" 

The panther turned his head slightly and left wet, sloppy kisses all over her face as he gave her some comfort and encouragement to ease her nerves. He let out a soft rumbling mewl and nuzzled his head against hers. Giggling happily, she grinned, "Sleep, Thunder. I'll be sure to bring good news!" 

The panther bared his teeth in the manner as though he was smiling at her and he closed his eyes and went back to sleep. Elianna quickly smoothed her hand over the medical garb and ensure that she was neatly dressed. She psyched herself up before leaving her bedchamber and went towards the dining hall. Everyone was already there, waiting for her before they dine. 

"You look beautiful in those," Rowan complimented.

"Thank you," Elianna nodded shyly.

"Today is the day, isn't it?" Alec grinned as he reached out to ruffle her hair gently. 

From the corner of her eye, she saw Rowan throwing a fork at Alec. Judging the angle of the fork, she knew that it wouldn't hit her but she lowered her head reflexively. On the other hand, Alec caught the fork with swift accuracy before settling it down on the table in front of him. Elianna raised her head and looked towards Alec, seeing that he was smirking mischievously while winking towards Rowan. 

After breakfast, Rowan sent her to the Royal Medical Department and he held onto her hand while guiding her down the carriage. She bowed slightly, "Thank you." 

He smiled, giving her hand a slight squeeze before releasing it. Her heart skipped a beat but the gesture also filled her with more confidence for the exam. It was his way of wishing her well and in a clear voice, he said, "Let's go in." 

They entered the Royal Medical Department Hall together. When the medical administrators saw Rowan, they greeted him politely. An old official greeted him at the administration hall, he asked, "Your Highness, is she the one?"