Somewhere Only We Know ~ Part Two

Start from the beginning

A few hours before midday, he found himself impatient as he cut logs for the fire, while Rosa was busy in the cave preparing and refilling her jars and parchments of magic powder. He had a smile on his face that seemed to bigger as the time neared, just the prospect of seeing her today excited him filled with untold energy. When the time approached to leave he gathered all the firewood he had cut into the warm cave storing it in the corner, before grabbing his cloak and putting it around him bring the hood up to cover his face. He turned to Rosa who watched him with interest with that smiling questionable look on her face as she asked him where he was going, he turned to look at her his golden eyes shielded by his hood as he told a little white lie that wasn't far away from the truth. He told herthat he was going off for a stroll asked her if she could hold some leftover lunch for him for when he returned, she nodded her head with that smiling questionable look still on her face as she told him to take care and becareful as she turned back round on her chair carrying on with her work.

It didn't take him long to get there in fact he arrived almost half an hour early as he leaned against the designated tree, patiently waiting for her as his mind started to wonder whether she had like the small bouquet he had gathered for her and wondered what was on her mind at this very moment. When time was up, his heart pounded heavily in his chest in anticipation at the prospect that she would be there soon coming out from the bushes ahead that separated them from the village, he stood still he back pressed up against the tree staring at the bushes ahead awaiting for her to emerge from it.

He took a deep breath hoping that it would tame and calm his pounding heart; he closed his eyes for a moment taking in another deep breath and holding it for a second breathing calmly out, he could feel his heart starting to calm down as he opened his eyes and within that very second he saw her emerging from the bushes. She was beautiful even more so then before, even though they had only spent a day apart but to him she seemed to blossom even more so overnight. The sight of her made him smile beneath his mask as she watched her come to him, he could see her flushed rosy cheeks as she looked at him as she stepped out from the bushes. He watched her small her brush away her hair from her smiling addictive face while her eyes drifted back to his, if she could see pas the mask she would have seen his smile grow. Coming closer towards him in a sheepish timid stride her eyes wavering from a moment to the ground around her before meeting his gaze again; her sapphire eyes seemed to sparkle with happiness when her eyes connected with his as he pulled down the hood hiding his masked face pushing his back away from the tree.

He continued to stand still as she shyly closed the gap between them standing now in front of him leaving a small gap between them, he thought when she arrived that she would attempt to hide those lovely rosy warm cheeks and her lovely brilliant glowing smile with her hair from him; but he was surprised to find them openly exposed for him to plainly see as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear away from her beautiful face. She was silent and so was he, he was overjoyed; his heart taking back its fast pace from moments earlier beating fast within his chest. He now realised she was openly showing her feelings towards him; no longer hiding them from him and that filled him with blissful warmth alone. 'Hello,' was the first word he said to her his happiness showing in a brilliant glow in his golden eyes, as she ushered a timidly hello back; at that moment as he looked down at her he spotted the straw basket in her hand. He met herdazzling eyes againcaptivated by them and thought how wonderful and dreamlike this moment was as she blushed before him even more, which warmed his heart and soul. Never had he been this happy before, it was so perfect he thought for a moment while closing his eyes that he was in denial and that this moment was a dream, and that he had drifted off to sleephaving the most wonderful dream of this meeting.