Chapter 27

Angie/Efsun's POV:

The next two weeks I avoided German as much as possible and I could see the sorrow in his eyes, but I don't care! He kept saying how much he loves me then once again he's gonna get married... Just what the hell?!

But Hürrem noticed my anger just as Nigar.

- Come on now... Tell me what's up? - said Hürrem when we got together in her room one afternoon - I know you have been angry for some time now...

- I... can't...

- We're friends, aren't we?

- Yes...

- I promise I won't tell anyone... Okay?

- Okay... - I sighed then I told her about German too and about Mahidevran's threat.

- Ah! Now I understand everything...

- Yeah... But I didn't want to tell this to Mustafa, or anyone else, because I don't want him to get in trouble...

- I understand... But don't you think that he wants to marry Nigar to make sure not Mahidevran nor anyone else could think about you and him are hiding something?

- Maybe... But I know him more than you... He might really want to marry her...

- And this bothers you because...?

- I... don't know...

- Because you might still love him.

- Well... he's still my family member after all...

- Yeah...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Once again I tried to avoid German, but now he grabbed my arm and pulled me back before I could walk away.

- Angie... Why do you do this?

- Why do I do what?

- Avoiding me...

- Take a guess...

- I don't know... So please, tell me... - he begged.

- Fine. I heard you're marrying Nigar.

His eyes widened in surprise.

- Angie, I...

- Why do you keep doing this? Why...?

- Angie, let me explain...

- Fine. Go on...

- What do you really think? Why did I agree to marry her? Because I don't want you to get in trouble because of me!

- Wha...

- The last time you have been threated because of me and I'm not risking to lose you now!

- So then you're rather marry another woman! But you know what?? I don't care anymore!! - I cried out then walked away, but then he said something that made me freeze.

- Then you probably don't care if I won't come back after then next campaign that is coming very soon.... - he said.

- What? - I turned around, but he just looked at me with sad eyes then walked away.

I wanted to go after him, but I just couldn't. I froze there.

They're going to another campaign...

----- LATER -----

I was just walking back and forth in my room, trying to find out what to do when Pablo came in.

- Pablo! - I cried.

- What?! - he gasped in surprised.

- Are you two really going....

- The campaign? Yes...

- No...

- We have no choice... And besides thanks to German's cousin we know how to fight... So no worries - he smiled - We'll be fine...

- B-But...

Then Daye came in.

- Excuse me... - she said - But prince Mustafa wants to see you.

Me and Pablo were froze there and Daye was looking at us suspiciously.

- What happened here? - she asked.

- Nothing... - I replied - I just asked him if he'll be alright on the campaign... That's all. But I'm better get going now... - I said then walked out of the room, heading to Mustafa's room.

----- LATER -----

- Angie... - he smiled when I entered his room and hugged me tightly.

- Hello... - I smiled back.

- You probably already know why did I call you here, don't you?

- Yeah... I know... - I sighed - When will you guys depart?

- Tomorrow.

- Ah...

- That's why I want to spend this night with you... Of course if you want it too...

- I want to! - I replied - Who knows when will we see each other again... - I said a bit sadly.

Sensing this Mustafa smiled at me, gently touched my cheek and kissed me softly on the lips then pulled me to the bed.

- You're mine... - he whispered between kisses.

- I'm all yours tonight... - I smiled as I kissed him passionately and I don't think I should tell you what happened after that...

----- TIME SKIP -----

The next day everyone said their goodbyes to their loved ones. We all stood up for the sultan and Mustafa...

- Take care of yourself... - I said to him when he arrived to me.

- I will... Don't worry - he smiled as he kissed my head.

- How could I not to worry??

- We'll come back soon... With another success... And we can be together again... Now, let me see that beautiful smile of yours...

This made me smile instantly.

- Ah, much better - he grinned.

German's POV:

We're about to get going when Nigar came to me with a letter.

- This is from Angie... She asked me to give this to you - she said.

- Alright, thank you... - I muttered, really confused. I had no idea what could this letter be until I read it and I barely could hold my tears back.

It said:

I know I said that I'm mad at you and I wished you'd never come after me, but I was wrong.... Maybe I'm still mad, but... but I also think you're so stupid for doing this.

You're risking your own life because of me... You asshole... But take care of yourself and don't you dare die there! You have to live for Vilu... And for all the people that loves you...

Love, Angie x

- Angie... - I sighed.

- She still loves you... - said Nigar beside me, trying to cheer me up.

- Not the way I'd want to...

- Maybe... But I still agree with her... You really are stupid - she joked.

- I know I am... - I smiled - I'm stupid... I always was and I always will be... And I'm not gonna die out there!

- You better not!

I just laughed then hugged her tightly. She has been helping me a lot lately and she's really nice too, but Angie isn't right... I'm not in love with her. She's only a friend that I'm helping out now and she keeps giving me information about Angie too...

Angie... I'm living for Angie... And I always lived and always will live for her... And Vilu of course...