one

as soon as i walked into the club, i could feel eyes on me. my little black dress hugged my curvy body, making me feel uncomfortable and sexy at the same time. the heels that clad my shoes weren't very tall, but it made me look and feel taller than i actually was. for the hour that i beat my face with a beauty blender, I'd just hoped that any imperfections weren't noticeable under the dim lighting of the room. the music blasted in my ears, making my mind spin. i need a drink.

I made my way over to the bar, my hips swaying in time with a song I didnt know. the bass made my ears ring, but my long blonde hair brushed my bare back and made everything seem normal. I sat down at the bar and study the tiny menu sitting on the marbled bar table.

I got so engrossed in reading the tiny print without my reading glasses that I hadn't even noticed the bartender standing in front of me, speaking to me over the music.

"miss?" he asks, his hands placed on either side of him, resting on the bar.
I look up at him, pushing my hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry, I didnt even see you." I let out an awkward laugh, chewing on my lip out of habit.

"you're good," he says, his head tilting slightly to the side. "I wanted to let you know that the beautiful young lady over there would like to buy you a drink."

he pointed over to a girl with jet black hair, and even through the dimly lit room, I could see her crystal blue eyes boring into my skin. I smile slightly and send a wave her way, mouthing a 'thank you.'

"I'll take a long island sweet tea, please." I tell the man, only now realizing his vibrant pink hair and his green eyes. "If you would, let her know that the polite thing to do is introduce herself to a lady."

he gave me a curt nod before making his way over to the girl, who looked maybe a few months older than I. he relayed my message before starting to make my drink. I could hear a soft giggle come around me before a girl not too much taller than me leaned against the counter beside me.

"I'm not sure if you're aware, but the polite thing to do would be to thank someone who buys you a drink." a smirk tugged at her full pink lips. I'd never seen anyone quite like her before.

her bright blue eyes seemed to glow in this light, but her dark hair changed with every color the lights did. her nails were acrylic colored grey, from what I saw, and her clothes were quite baggy and colorful as well.

I smile back at the girl just as the bartender placed the drink on a napkin in front of me. "thank you," i drag on, waiting for her to fill the blank with her name.

"the name's billie." she says, her eyes glimmering.