Chapter 2: Returns bring surprises

New Orleans

Stiles walked down the streets he had long forgotten and smiled recognizing the many sites he and his siblings had seen and visited.

He stood in front of the Mikealson Compound and was going to walk straight through when he was stopped.

"May I ask why you are here?"

In front of him stood a woman with short blond hair and a smug look on her face. Stiles could tell that she was a witch of some sort and a powerful one at that.

"Well I would have to ask you the same question. Especially since you are in my family's compound."

The girl looked at him confused before her eyes widened. She had let out a small gasp and before Stiles knew it, he was enveloped in a hug.

"Stiles."

She had chuckled and pulled away keeping the tears from escaping her eyes. Stiles had pulled her away from him and looked into her eyes. His face was full of confusion but once seeing the look in her eyes, he had soon realized. His eyes slowly widened and a smile grew.

"Dear Freya. Your back. I would recognize those Mikealson eyes anywhere."

Freya chuckled and walked toward the entrance of the compound from where she once stood.

"Well come on in! They have put the deed in my name in order to protect the family that we hold so dear. Things have been a little intense lately."

Stiles walked in standing next to Freya. He looked around noticing how everything was almost the exact same as he had left it. He turned toward Freya causing her to stop in her tracks.

"So how are you back? I thought Dahlia had..."

"She did," Freya had cut him off, "but I had ran. She had come to New Orleans after our family. Thankfully, we were able to defeat her. Mother had risked her life."

Stiles had chuckled at that. He never could have believed that his mother would have sacrificed her life for anyone. He was about to ask another question when a voice boomed throughout the compound causing it to echo.

"Freya! I need..."

Stiles had turned toward the voice and smiled as he saw his older brother, one of this older brothers, standing at the entrance.

"Stiles...you haven't aged a day."

"Nice to see you too Elijah."

He had walked forward and Elijah pulled him into a hug. Elijah pulled away and patted a hand on his shoulder. He had seen the smile on Freya's face as she had finally had she whole family back.

"You missed quite a party you know. We are in the middle of a war at the moment actually."

Stiles scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. He knew his family was competitive and he knew that Klaus would do all he could to have people fear him and to have power but he never expected a war.

"I would explain it to you but at the moment, we need a plan. In short, Klaus's sireline is shattered causing them to no longer be connected to his life force. We believe they are currently on their way here."