Chapter 27: Trial and Error

The Abattoir

Stiles was able to pull himself together with the thought that Elijah was still nowhere to be found. He convinced himself that everything would be okay and he would personally be the one to find Elijah and unite his family. Currently, he was in the Abattoir with Vincent, Hayley, Klaus, Freya and Marcel. They were trying to discuss what would happen. He sat in a chair with a glass of whiskey on the rocks. He would have to deal with this somehow and he wasn't at his best. Once the glass was empty, he conjured his drink right back to the top.

"You want a plan of attack, it comes down to this. Use the element of surprise. Now, Marcel will hand over the bone, and then stab the Hollow with hayley's blood, and then I'm gonna cast the spell that buries her."

He wasn't exactly in terms with the whole situation but it was what had to be done to save their family.

"The Ancestors' spell requires a sacrifice. An Original has to die."

Stilles froze in his seat slightly getting ready to volunteer for said job. He would sacrifice his life to save everyone.

"Yeah, and right now, the Hollow is gonna use Elijah's death to come back, but there's a window where I can use the sacrifice to shove her back into her grave."

Stiles scoffed as he crossed his legs and sucked his teeth. "So we let Elijah die for a good thing? I can't allow that to happen. Elijah would still be dead."

"I agree with my brother." Klaus stated, "Your plan does nothing to save my brother. In fact, it relies entirely upon his death."

"Easy, he is just trying to help."

"Oh shut your petite ass up, Marcel."

Freya turned to Stiles with a pointed look and placed a hand on his shoulder as she was standing next to him.

"Klaus, Stiles, Elijah are already dead. Now, the only thing that we can do right now is figure out whether or not that death is gonna count for something."

Stiles refused to believe his brother was dead and never coming back. He held back a growl and dug his nails into his palm.

"That's not a call any of us get to make. Especially not you. There has to be a way to save him."
Get it girlie. One of the many reasons Stiles grew a liking to Hayley.

"Freya, you still have the antidote we used to cure Marcel's bite?"

"I have it, yes. But I don't know if it'll work against the poison in the rosebud."

They had figured out that Elijah was unconscious, or death depending on who you were, due to the poison in the rosebuds.

"You guys aren't listening, okay? Even if we do cure Elijah, we still have a big problem, that's called the hollow. And it's just gonna keep coming at us until it resurrects. And when that happens, we're talking about an ancient, primal power that's made flesh and blood. It will wipe out this entire city in an afternoon, and ain't a damn thing that you or anybody else here can do about it. Now, my way? We take her out while she's a spirit. Elijah dies, but at least his death counts for something."

Stiles stood up and flashed his eyes. He felt the magic in him shake and want release. "I don't know who you think you are but we are not bargaining with my brother's life like this anymore."