THIRTY

________________

________________

DAVID SAT HOPELESSLY ON THE HOSPITAL CHAIR IN the waiting area.

He was forced to wait there, the nurses prohibiting him from going to wherever the hell they took Sydney.

He called Sydney's parents as soon as he could, and he also informed his parents and his friends, everyone was on their way to the hospital.

David didn't know what was going on, sure, it had to be the cancer, but Sydney seemed healthy today, as if she could take on the world, and in a matter of minutes, she was taken over by the sickness, having no way to put a stop to it.

"David, what happened?" The boy's head snapped up as he quickly pushed himself from the chair. Sydney's parents stood in front of him, looking distraught as they awaited answers.

"She uh- she started coughing up blood, and then she passed out, I got her here as quickly as I could." David could see Sydney's mother was near to tears , Sydney's father hugging her closer as they also took a seat in the waiting area.

"Thank you David, for everything you've done for Sydney." Sydney's father send him a short smile, but David could see the sincerity in his eyes.

David only nodded. He wish he could do more for her, he wish he could save her from this disease, he wish he could trade places with her.
Sydney only deserved happines, she deserved to live a long, healthy life, to achieve everything she's ever wanted.

For the first time in a while, David prayed. He prayed to God that he'd keep Sydney safe, and alive, to keep her healthy.

He only wished that his prayer would be answered.

Soon, the entirety of their friend group as well as David's parents were all seated in the hospital waiting area, Ilya also arrived, bringing balloons and Sydney's favourite chocolates.

It seemed like an eternity until a doctor finally came to the waiting area,
"Who's here for Sydney Young?" The entirety of people in the waiting area consisted out of Sydney's friends and family, their heads instantly snatched up at this as David and Sydney's parents were the first to quickly near the doctor.

"What's going on, Doctor?" Sydney's mother insisted, she clutched her husband's hand tightly, awaiting the news.

"It's not good." He informed, and those three simple words made David's heart sink, "Sydney doesn't have long, I'm sorry to inform you."

"How long?" David's voice cracked as the question left his lips. He tried his best to keep himself together, to not break down, but it was hard, so hard.

"A day, maybe two."

Those words broke him. The tears welled up in his eyes , he stared blankly at the doctor,
"Are there no donors?" Sydney's dad softly inquired, "I'm sorry Mr. Young, but there are no donors that matches Sydney."

David couldn't take it anymore, the tears were welling up and he knew he had to get fresh air.

He quickly made his way outside in the cold air, it was quiet, extremely quiet, most possibly because it was four in the morning.

When the sound of the main entrance door was heard, with footsteps approaching him, Jason placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"Dave, are you okay?" Jason knew it was a stupid question, and when David turned to him, his face stained with tears, Jason instantly pulled him into a hug.

David knew that this day would come, but he didn't knew hurt until this, it completely broke him.
He didn't want to lose Sydney, he couldn't think of a life without her, but here he was, forced to accept this reality.

_____________

It was now six pm. Most of Sydney's friends had went in to see her, her parents and David's parents as well.

David wanted to go last. He didn't want Sydney to see him like this, because he knew she wouldn't want him to be sad.

David walked the long corridors, before finally standing in front of room B78. Sydney's room.

Without hesitation, he opened the door, his eyes landing on the beautiful girl layed on the hospital bed.

David made sure to memorize every aspect of her, the way her hands folded on her lap, the way her lips quirked up when she saw him, the way her brown orbs shone as she had her gaze on him, to the way her hair was a little messy, but she still managed to look beautiful.

"Hey." He greeted, trying to suprass his sadness as he neared Sydney,

"hey Dave."

David noticed the flowers Ilya brought, and he instantly felt guilty.

"Shit, I didn't get you anything, I'll be right back." Before he could exit, Sydney was quick to stop him, "Dave, I don't want anything." He let go of the door handle, eyes strained on the girl, "all I want is to cuddle."

David gave her a small smile, making his way over to the hospital bed as he kicked off his shoes, Sydney making room for him.

Once he layed down, Sydney placed her head on his chest, throwing her arm around his waist as David soothingly ran his hand through Sydney's hair.

"I know you're scared, Dave." She spoke quietly, "I'm kinda' scared too."

David tried to hold back his sobs, placing a gentle kiss on top of her head, "everything is gonna' be okay Syd." She merely nodded, "I want you to know, Dave, that I love you, so, so much."

"I love you too, Sydney, I'll never stop loving you." Sydney's heart warmed at his words.

She snuggled further into the man she imagined her entire life with, taking in his scent one last time, Sydney lifted her head slightly, placing her lips on David's.

She poured all the love she felt for him into the kiss, every emotion she's ever felt when being with him.

And then, she placed her head on his chest again, closing her eyes, the girl knew that she wouldn't awake, but what better way was there to fall asleep forever ? She was in the arms of her one true love, and that, that was perfect.

_______________

A/N
im crying. this broke me.
bye