TWENTY SEVEN

_____________

_____________

DAVID LAYED IN HIS VERY COMFORTABLE BED, IT'S BEEN THE first time this week that he had the chance to sleep in his bed. Mostly, he was staying up late to edit his vlogs, crashing on the couch with Sydney as she stayed up with him.

Tonight wasn't any different, Sydney still layed next to him, cuddling into his side as he wrapped an arm around her.

David's house was, for once, quiet, with none of his friends there, except for Natalie, who was already fast asleep in her room.

"So, I have an idea." David spoke, this causing Sydney to push herself up on her elbows, turning so that she stared directly at David.

Sydney looked pale, with dark circles under her eyes. Yesterday, David's blood ran cold when he found Sydney on the bathroom floor, she was hovered over the toilet, vomiting an extremely dark shade of blood.

David wanted to rush her to the hospital immediately, but the assured him that it was normal, and that the doctors couldn't really do anything for her at this stage.

Now, staring into her perfect brown eyes, Sydney still looked like the prettiest girl he'd ever seen.

"What's the idea?" Sydney quirked a brow at David as he crashed into reality again, "oh uh — so, it's almost Christmas, and I was thinking, maybe we could go down to Chicago? We can visit your family, and you can meet mine , maybe we can even have a together Christmas?"

David seemed excited as he presented his idea to Sydney. He wanted nothing more than to spend Christmas with the girl he'd hopelessly fallen in love with, and he also knew she has gotten slightly home sick, so it'd be good for her to see her parents again.

"You want me to meet your parents?" Sydney seemed taken aback by this statement, a frown on her tired looking features as David quickly nodded, "yeah, yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I?"

It took Sydney a few moments to answer David, who waited with anticipation, "my uh — my previous boyfriend said that there would be no reason for me to meet his parents because I was going to die anyway."

Sydney softly spoke as she fiddled with her fingers. David immediately grew angry with this. How could someone be so insensitive? God, whoever this guy was, must've been a huge dick.

David noticed Sydney's rather sad looking features, the girl's eyes trained on her fiddling hands.

      David gently placed his hand beneath her chin, softly pulling her face up to look at him, "Syd, I'm not your ex, I want you to meet my parents , because they need to meet the girl I've fallen in love with. You're my everything Syd, I want you to know that."

Sydney's smile only brightened as she tackled David in a hug, snuggling her head into his neck as he held her tightly, "can I tell you something, Dave?"