The Internship 2

P.O.V. Y/N

Thank the gods Mike was alright. It took me a full hour to get him to talk more normal. It took several more to get him to walk. After all that I left him with a group of caretakers. They knew what to do. And I had to hurry. I had to clean my stuff.

It took several hours to clean my locker. My head was a mess. The words Mike spoke were not my favorite. Best girlfriend ever.. How could he say that? I tripped the pictures from my locker. Pictures of the crew. Pictures of the stars. Secret ones of course. I could never show these to anyone. They were a business secret. I stacked them in my hand. I couldn't take them. It would be breaking the rules. And even with my contract breaking, I still did not want to break any rules. I reached for the last pictures. The ones hidden in the back. The ones of Mike. The ones some crew members gave to me. They had selected the best ones for me. Some secretly traded, some stolen from a advertising pile. My favorite pictures. They made my day. Used to..

"Can't believe she said that.''

"Can't believe she-.''

"Forget about that."

"She is dating Mike!"

The hallway was full of whispers. They had no idea. All that I knew was that I had to get out of here before Mike would come. I knew he would. With whispers like this..

I slammed my locker close, only to reveal the person standing behind it. There he was standing as if nothing had happened. As if he had not been on the edge of passing out. Before me stood Mike. There was no sign of his costume. Just normal clothes I had not seen before. At least he was alright now.

"Good to see you standing on your own." I broke the silence. He pushed himself off the lockers. He tried to step forward. His feet got blocked by the box I had filled up till the top.

"Is that all you are going to say?" His voice sounded more raw than normal. Might have been because of the heat..

"Yes. I am not a loud to say anything anymore." I picked up the box between us, turned around and made my way to the door. The sound of his heavy steps echoed in the hallway. It was too quite all of a sudden. Where did those whispers go?

"So you are not going to talk about the rumors going around? Have you been hearing them? What do you-." I turned, scaring him with my sudden movement. My face would have had a sudden angry look, because he did not continue whatever he was going to ask next.

"I am sorry about the rumors, but I did not start them. I have to go now." I pushed the door open with my back. Turning to take the steps down to the car waiting for me. The driver stood by the car door. Waiting for me.. All this time.. In full black.. In the heat.. I immediately felt guilty. He took the box and placed it in the back. From the side of my eye I could see that Mike was standing in the doorway.

"Where are you going?" He yelled from the top of the stairs. He was leaning against the door. A smile on his face. He must be thinking I am going back.

"Home. I got fired." I said, stepping in the back. The smile on his face disappeared as fast as snow in front of the sun. The door was closed in front of my face, cutting us both away from the moment.

--------------------------------------

[ A/N: Dear readers this part was requested by @THEmusicalsfandom who was in love with the first part! ]