Internship

P.O.V. Y/N

The sun was high. Burning all of us. I was dying. Not literally, but it felt that way the heat was killing me. I did not want to sweat even more, but I couldn't help it. Even the stars were complaining about it. I couldn't do anything about it. They had no idea how to cool down and nether did I. They were all wearing light colors. I was in full black. The only light part of my outfit was the letters 'crew' in white across my back. The sweat in my eyes was the least of my problems. I had to do so many tasks. And even my school work. Being the intern sucked.

I was not complaining about my internship. Not out loud anyway. I did love it all, but this heat was terrible. So I turned to complaining in my head. The stars were all standing in the shadow. Trying their best not to burn. I was standing in the bright sun. Beside the director. He was older than most people. He was sitting in a special seat. His eyes focused on a little screen.

"It looks good. Very good, but it needs to be great." He needs everything to be great. I try my best not to roll my eyes. I can see the stars look at me. They are all hoping for a sign so they can leave this burning sun. They do not want to be here and nether am I. The only one who wants to be here is the director.

"We do it again. Go get the stars." He tells me. I turn on my heels, making my way to the group. The group had been standing as well. Their costumes could not be ruined by the dry street dirt. They all sigh as I walk to them.

"Sorry. It is not great yet." I lay the note on the word 'great' just like the director does. They all nod, dropping their bottles of water.

"Then lets hope this all goes better." One of them tells me. I knew their names, but I was not aloud to say them. Even if I saw them on the street. In my contract it said I had to ignore them. Strange rule, but I didn't care. Helping them right now and getting my points were the most important things right now.

"I hope we don't burn alive out there."

It took hours. And still we weren't done. I saw the stars were getting angry. They all were getting to their breaking point. I was beside the director again. My eyes focused on one of the stars. Mike. I noticed how he was sweating less than the rest. He was having trouble focusing. He stepped too late with the dance. Something wasn't going right. His eyes kept rolling in a way that concerned me. I had to step in..

"Sir. I think one of the stars isn't feeling well." I whispered to him. After a few seconds I thought he had not heard me. He moved his head. He did hear me. He always did that when someone said something he did not want to hear. I tapped his shoulder to get his attention. He moved his shoulder away. He did not care.. I looked back at Mike. He was struggling with his jacket. He had to put it back on in time. Not only was he late with his move, he was also acting the wrong scene. Do something.. anything..

My feet moved forward. I stepped into the scene. There was yelling behind me, almost screams. I did not care, just like he did. I almost ran to Mike. He was rocking from side to side. Almost like a drunk.. I grabbed his arm, throwing his jacket on the floor. The costume could be cleaned, but replacing an actor was more expensive. I grabbed his wrist throwing his arm around my shoulder. He immediately took the chance to lean on me. I might be just in time..

"Y/N! Have you lost your mind?! You are fired!" I heard that yelling perfectly. Fired. That would look great on my school papers. Fired from the set. By the director. I turned myself -and Mike- to face the director.

"Thank fuck for that." I said out loud. All the stars turned to me in shock. How dare she open het mouth like that? Right! The director even looked shocked. But I was not done yet..

"Look at your stars asshole! They all are burning alive while you are sitting on a throne! I rather clean toilets than work for such a dick director like you! You know what, I rather not finish school for the rest of my life instead of working with a crazy bitch like you! Fucking asshole! " I yelled at him from across the set. I pulled Mike to the shadow. It was hard until one of the stars moved to the other side of Mike and helped. We helped him to sit down in the darkest spot we could find. Mike kept his hand on my shoulder. Two others from the crew came with water and bags of ice.

"He is overworked and this heat is not really helping him." I told the others. Mike was drinking so fast he missed half of it. The other stars joined us. Creating more shadow.

"How did you even notice something was wrong with him?" the crew members asked.

"Best. Girlfriend. Ever." Mike spoke between drinking. He kissed my hand.

"YOU GUYS ARE DATING?" Everyone seemed to yell.