Haku and Neru

We're nothing

Haku's POV

Like a snake who wants to eat more. We are 2 girls who survived from war, we stay in random place, we don't have a place to stay. Actually we are both not a siblings. I'm Haku, and I survived with Neru.

That day I'm working in a traditional market in the village we live now. Neru is a partner with me in the market, we selling apples. When there is no customer, I sit in a wood chair and looking at the sky. At first the sky is blue, but after a few minutes it changed to red.
"What is that? Why the sky looks so scary, it just change to red. But why this is so terrifying?"
I looked at Neru, and she's laying on the floor with her legs in front  of chest. I think this sky is not just normal. It's horrifying.

And slowly, the apples become black and the villagers are gone.
"What happen?" I said.

Neru's POV

"W-why I'm so scared? I don't know what happened to my body, but I feel like my body is freeze"
Red sky, weird behaviors, villagers gone, what happen?
Neru and me then quickly run to our house. The darkness start eating this village, we must to run and leave this village.
Then, I remembered some place that save for protection.

A circus in the forest.

We run as fast as we can and go to the forest. When we arrived at the circus, Nurse Gumi comes and welcomed us.
"Ah you're here, you're here.
What are you doing here Neru, Haku?"
Haku talk to Nurse Gumi that we are searching for protection and the circus is only the safest place after the village.
"Oh, the sky. Ok! You two can stay here. Let's go to the bedroom"
Haku and me spontaneously answer "YES!"

...

And when we laying in bed, there's something grabbed our hands and foots. Unknown machine is moving and pulling out our body longer and longer.

"AWW!! PLEASE STOP IT! MY BODY!!!!!"
Haku screamed.
"N... Nurse Gumi, please h-help us.." With her last power, Neru yelled to help.

All of our body are bleeding, with our bones are cracked and injured. The circus won't let us to leave.