A Human, A Demon, And A Tree

Start from the beginning

I suppose this is a moment where I need to respond back.

"Oh so you think I'm slower now, gee thanks. You can't blame me for being slow, I lost my walking stick ok? I used it as a weapon, so of course I'm going to be slower now." I say with a huff.

"Alright alright calm down, I didn't mean to insult you and call you slow. You're injured so I thought this will be better for you." Inuyasha replies trying to control his response.

I smile, I know that Inuyasha wants to help. I just wanted to tease him a little, it's a been a while. I put my hands against his strong back, his warmth radiates and flows through my palms. I slide them upwards, his hair tickles my skin. I eventually find his shoulders and I wrap my arms around his neck, I lean forward and I rest my chin on his left shoulder. I can feel his left dog ear fluttering above me slightly, Inuyasha turns his head to the left and I can feel his nose against my right cheek.

"____________?" He says surprised.

"I know Inuyasha, and I'm grateful. It's been a while since we've bantered, it feels nice to be back in the old days." I say gently next to him.

"I suppose it does, now hold on." He replies back with a hmph.

I hold tightly with my still properly functioning other hand, I then feel Inuyasha stand up and his arms hooks underneath my thighs. I don't feel cold because his body warmth flows against my front, the next thing I know the wind picks up. I can hear Inuyasha's steady breathing and his fast footsteps as he runs, I feel like I'm flying as he dashes. I close my eyes and hold on tight as I let Inuyasha take us to the cliff, After a few minutes he starts to slow down, I open my eyes and I can smell the fresh and clean air. The wind seems a bit stronger now.

"Are we here?" I ask him.

"Ya." He responds quietly.

I feel him walk up to something and then he gently lowers me down, I can feel the soft grass below, indeed the snow has melted. I glide my hands along the blades of grass, I smile at the sensation. I hear Inuyasha's footsteps beside me in a distance and the gentle rings of his bell, the sound of his fabric rustles and then a plop. I feel the ground beside me, he's not next to me.

"Inuyasha?" I say his name.

"Ya?" He responds, his voice a bit far away.

"Why are you sitting away from me?" I ask him confused.

"I haven't properly washed in a few days so I don't smell good." Inuyasha says clearing his throat.

Washed? Well, I haven't properly washed these days either due to my injuries but is that all? To be honest I didn't even notice his smell, all I could smell is his normal scent that I have gotten use to. I let out a chuckle.

"Really? I haven't noticed, besides all I could smell is your usual scent that I love. To be honest, even if you did smell, I wouldn't mind at all. So sit beside me please Inuyasha." I say with a smile holding out my non-injured hand out towards his direction.

"You really don't mind?" He asks me.

I shake my head and smile. I then hear a sigh and the grass rustling, footsteps and then a big warm hand gently taking mine and then whoosh of the air beside me. I can feel Inuyasha's presence now, and his scent. Indeed, I can't smell anything different, in fact I should be the one that should be concerned since I'm a human while he is a half demon. His canine nose can probably pick up anything, my face feels warm as I think that. His big hand wraps around mine and I feel warm.

"Since my wounds are getting better, how about lets both take a dip in a stream or somewhere and clean up after?" I suggest.

"Sure, we can go to the waterfall just outside of the village." Inuyasha replies.