⠀⠀⠀ twenty two

Start from the beginning

As she walked to the living room, she pretended to rub the sleep from her eyes and yawn. She had to put on a show, after all.

"Mornin'" Scout waved to Spencer, still on the video call with Hotch.

She came up behind him and looked at the computer screen. Hotch sat in his office, a stern face with a ghost of a smile. Scout sent him a smile back. She picked up one of the files on the desk and flipped through it.

"Did I miss anything while I was asleep?" She knew something happened but she had to pretend as if she wasn't listening in to the conversation.

"Garcia identified the women that go to the Lusty Leopard. And they do request certain women, in the same order they disappear."

"So that solves it," Scout clapped her hands. "Case is closed and you guys can come by and finish it up, right?"

"It's not that simple, Wiley."

"Yeah, I wish," She sighed, "Okay, then what's next? What do you want me to do boss?"

Scout saw Spencer's shoulders become rigged and flexed, "He wants you to try and get requested by them."

"What?"

"Wiley, we need someone to record what they say-"

"And you want me alone in a private room with someone who kidnaps and just maybe murders strippers. Do you see the flaw in your plan, Hotch? Because I certainly do. And how do you expect me to do that? I can't control who they choose."

"You won't be alone," Hotch started to grab files off the desk. "The team will be flying out today to secure the area. We'll monitor the cameras and be on standby in case you need us. Morgan will be inside and undercover, he'll be your closest protection."

"Oh, and he'll love that."

"Wiley, we need a confession. If not, then we don't have proof or need to further investigate. This case will fall through and this month would have been a waste."

Spencer interrupted, "Hotch, this is too much for the bureau to ask her. She isn't even trained to handle unsubs. Scout could get hurt-"

"Hey," She pointed a finger and glared at him. "You don't get to decide on what I can and can't do. That's my decision, not yours. I know what's a stake and I plan on finishing this case just like we said we would. There is no point to back out, not now. And I can protect myself."

Hotch nodded, "I'll let the team know, we'll be in contact."

And he ended the conversation.

"What the hell are you thinking, Scout? You could get hurt." Spencer stood up, towering over her.

She crossed her arms and sent him a glare, "I could've been hurt throughout this entire case. Why change your mind now?"

"Because you're going to be alone, and you won't have me there."

"I've done this whole case alone, you've been here researching and trying to hack the servers with Garcia. So please, don't tell me that the situation has changed. Because I assure you, it hasn't."