Wait Wait Wait, Lemme Explain...

"What in the everloving (heck) is going on here?!"

I held my baseball bat threateningly, but I would be surprised if my face was as. I was terrified. I mean, these skeletons—because that's what they are, now that I've gotten a closer look at them—just fell through a magical portal into my home with no explanation to be had.

From within the writhing pile, there came a voice a little on the deeper end. "listen, lady, we're just as confused as you are."

My head tilted slightly, but my bat stayed in the air. My gaze traveled over the others, all looking at me. "Well? Anyone else want to volunteer an answer before it's goodnight to you?"

"nope. we're all at a (gosh darn) loss, sweetheart, so if you could just not threaten us, that would be great."

"HEY! PLEASE DON'T SWEAR! IT'S RUDE!"

I winced. That one's voice was loud, but not so much so that it broke my eardrums, which I always appreciated.

"does our magic work?" one asked the group.

"nope. already tried. portals don't work, either. bones and gaster blasters are fine, though."

The room went instantly silent. The voice was glitchy, and I figured it was probably the black-boned skeleton that had first landed on me, whose scream was glitch-like.

Suddenly, the pile dispersed as they all scrambled in different directions. They dove behind furniture and hid behind each other as if it was a game of paintball and the black skeleton was 'it.'

It was just them—him, I guess, I could tell the voice was male-like—laying face down in the middle of the floor.

He looked up, and immediately scowled. "look, you guys, if i wanted to kill you, i would have."

"But didn't you...like...faint, or something?" I helpfully pointed out. "That would probably stop you from killing them."

He shot me a deadly glare. "do you want me to start wanting to?"

I put my hands in the air in a surrender position. "Fair enough, fair enough."

I then held the bat down like a cane and leaned forward. "Now, since you seem more intelligent than your peers, perhaps you know what the (heck's) going on."

"hey!" a chorus of voices protested.

He gave me an odd look, before shaking his head. "no clue."

"destiny."

My face whipped towards a skeleton with a blue bomber jacket with tan fluff on the hood, a white t-shirt, black basketball shorts with a white stripe, and pink slippers. An odd combination, but one that I certainly wouldn't object to, had I been given the outfit.

He was sitting lazily on the couch, staring straight into me.

I immediately sensed a protective vibe from him—more so than I did the black skeleton, but his seemed more specifically aimed towards someone, while this guy's was more general towards the group.

I was called (by one person) Judge for a reason.

"What?" I questioned, bringing my bat up and hefting it on my shoulder.

His...sockets, I guess...studied me. "destiny. she told me that something big was happening in the multiverse, and that i was included."

Destiny? But what would...I didn't even do anythi—