Soul Mate [part 3]

TW: LOSS OF CHILD, SELF HARM, DEATH

You woke up to the sound of sirens. Someone was shifting the rubble. "I FOUND HER! SHE'S OVER HERE!" Someone yelled, pulling a piece of concrete off your legs. Another set of hands grabbed you, cradling you to their chest. "Chris..." The person didn't hear you, speaking into his walkie talkie. You coughed violently, trying to sit up in their arms. "Chris!" You yelled, "Hey, Hey. Miss. Relax. Who's Chris and where was he last seen?" The EMT asked, setting you on a stretcher. "He... He was with me. In the corner. Please, you have to find him!" You cried, struggling to get up again. The EMT's face dropped, his partner shook her head as she guided you to lay down, sticking a needle in your arm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You looked down at the little plastic stick in your grip, POSITIVE was written in blue. You were so excited and so scared... you couldn't wait to tell Chris. But you wanted it to be perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The white lights were glaring in your face, your head was pounding. Your chest was covered in different colored wires and you had an IV in your arm. The all too clean smell telling you that you were in a hospital. You looked over your shoulder to see it was dark out and there was 2 people in the room, one of them was asleep. "Y/n!" Tiffani whisper-yelled, jumping up to hug you. You winced and grimaced, doing what you could to hug her back. Ricky groggily sat up, rubbing his eyes to focus on you. "Hey y/n." He said, coming to sit beside you. "How ya feeling?" He asked, reaching for your hand. "Head hurts." You stated, your throat aching with the effort. "What happened?" You asked, looking between the two of them. Tiffani sighed and fidgeted with her hands. "There was an earth quake... a bad one... the epicenter was in LA." You nodded slowly, looking at solemn look on Ricky's face. "Where's Chris?" Tiffani looked away, Ricky had tears pricking in his eyes. "Where's Chris?" You asked louder, sitting up. Silence hung heavy in the air. "Where's Chris?!" You yelled, tears rolling down your cheeks. "He's gone y/n." Ricky said quietly. "He was crushed, he saved your life." You felt your heart shatter like glass. You heard it. "Were you...?" Tiffani trailed off, looking at your stomach. You instantly moved to cover it with your hand. She broke down in tears, standing from the bed to step out of the room. You sobbed uncontrollably, screaming until you ran out of air. Nurses and Doctors entered your room, restraining you to the bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The staff wished you well, giving you hugs and soft "Congratulations" as you walked out the door. Meganne, Tiffani, and Ricky were all waiting for you. You smiled and hugged all of them, "I missed you guys." "We missed you too y/n." They all said, hugging you back. You looked over Ricky's shoulder and saw him. He was dressed in a beautiful suit, and smiling at you. Your heart thudded in your chest. You smiled and sliced a little deeper. Chris came and knelt beside you, stroking your cheek and kissing you deeply. Welcome home darling...