Assassination Arc (II)

She knew that she needs to prepare for the storm that has yet to come. She recalled the events that had occurred in her past life. It started from the day her grandfather King Joo-Nam chose her father as his successor, then her mother's assassination, after that... the so-called death accident of her uncle, Uncle Yoo-Hong. Somehow, she felt like these three events were the starting point of all the disaster that would soon happen in her life.

She knew that she lacked information, especially about these events. She couldn't recall when these events occurred. It happened ages ago back into her childhood life. Too many things had happened in her previous life, far too many... it made her unable to remember all of them. There were also a lot of painful memories that she would rather forget about.

Yona let out a heavy sigh. "How can I find information on something that has yet to happen?" she mumbled. She turned her head toward the opened window.

She gazed at the moon which shone brightly outside. The cold wind blew softly, causing her to shiver slightly. Gripping her haori, she leaned on the window sill. 

"What should I do..." she whispered. 

Four years had passed without doing any meaningful things. She stared blankly at the space, at a loss of what she should do. She had never been good at planning and making strategies, it's just not her forte. 

'If Hak was in my position... I wonder what he would do...'

She stretched out her hand to the sky, to where the moon was shining brightly. She clenched her fist, acting as if trying to catch the moon. But the moon was still up there, still shining brightly as if mocking her despair. She gazed sadly at the moon and let out a heavy sigh. 

She retracted her hands, and turned around, staring at the empty bedroom. The place that she used to feel small has suddenly become too big, giving her the feeling of emptiness and loneliness. 

She shook her head, inhale and exhale deeply for a few times, trying to get her bearings back. 

"Should I sort out the events?" she asked to no one particular as she walked to her table.

She took one of her journals and wrote down things that she had known.

'Around this time, King Joo-Nam should be stepping down from the throne. As Grandfather descended the throne, Father will be appointed as the next king. Not long after Father ascended the throne, Mother will be assassinated. After that, it will be... Uncle Yoo-Hong's accident.'

Yona stopped writing. She trilled her brush a little. "If I remember correctly, there was that time when Hak, Soo-won, and I went to the city. Hmm... that should be around this time too... but is it after uncle's death or before?" She furrowed a little.

"Hmm... Let's just put it before then..." she started writing again.

"So it should be... Mother being assassinated, I almost being kidnaped, Uncle's accident..." she nodded.

"There... this should be happening around the age of six." She put down her brush and stared at the notes again.

"But, the question is... should I or should I not let this happen?" She narrowed her eyes and bit her lower lips.

'What will happen if uncle becomes the king?'

She gazed back at the moon. She suddenly realized that it's snowing out there. Tighten her hold on her haori, she walked back to the window. She held her other hand out, trying to catch the falling snow. But the snow melted as soon as it came into contact with her hand. While seeing that process, her mind wandered around. One question kept lingering in her mind.