{Chapter Seven} A Plan in Place

Lizzie's POV

"Finally!" Lady Katelyn exclaimed in relief.

Lizzie smirked, rolling her eyes.

"For the record, I don't actually want to be a toad for the rest of my life." Lizzie informed the two Lucindas before one of them got the wrong idea.

"I gathered that much." One of them replied with an amused smile.

"Thank Irene you aren't stupid. Otherwise getting you back home would be significantly harder. Or easier, because you might have never ended up here in the first place. Speaking of which, the two gingers can follow me, the rest of you stay here and try not to kill each other. I can tell you right now that the lot of you that live in a world with Wyverns and immortal demons will win."

And with that Lizzie stalked out of the room dramatically, a pair of exasperated Lucindas following her to the garden.

"Right," She said as soon as she stopped, turning to face the two doppelgängers, "I need to know exactly what you did to get here."

"Well-" One Lucinda began before Lizzie interrupted her.

"Before we start this, you two are going to need codenames."

Lizzie paused before pointing at the Lucinda from the current dimension.

"You can be Lu."

She turned to the other Lucinda (aka. the reason for this mess).

"You can be Cindy."

"What if we want to swap?" Cindy inquired.

"Not an option."

"Okay. I know better than to mess with immortal beings."

"Really? I thought that that would require a certain level of common sense that you lack."

Cindy rolled her eyes and did the smart thing by deciding to just answer Lizzie's original question.

"I was following a potion recipe from an old spell book I found in a tomb of one of the divine."

"Very bad idea." Lizzie commented.

"I've realised that."

"What was it intended to do?"

"It was supposed to help Aph by returning some of her memories of being Irene."

"And there's the problem." Lizzie sighed.

"What do you mean?" Lu asked curiously.

"For the record, I still blame you," Lizzie clarified, "But it wasn't the potion itself that went wrong. It was who you used it on. When my sister removed her memories, she wanted to ensure they could never be forcefully returned to her. She installed some sort of failsafe, maybe more than one, in case someone ever attempted it. My guess is that you just found it."

"So, it wasn't my fault?" Cindy checked eagerly.

"Did you miss the part where I said I still blamed you?"

"You blaming me and it actually being my fault are two very different things."

"True."

"So, what's the solution, now that we know the problem?" Lu interjected.

"Do you want the good news, or the bad news first?"

Lu and Cindy exchanged a glance, but Lizzie continued before giving either of them a chance to reply.

"Too late. Good news first. The solution in itself is fairly simple. I should be able to transport them to the Hall of Realms and they can get back home from there. Bad News, I can only manage a certain number of jumps in a day by myself, and I can only take up to one other person with me. Otherwise I risk a fate worse than death. There's not enough time before you all die from void burns to get you all back safely."

Lu and Cindy were silent for a long time.

"So, what you're saying," Lu began, "Is that all we need to do is find a way for you to transport them all at once."

"Yes. It's fairly simple," Lizzie reassured them, "And if you need motivation just remember that the lives of your friends are in your hands."