Painted Books- Sirius Black x Reader

Почніть із самого початку

Sirius, Remus, and Peter crept quietly (not so quietly) through the halls under the famous invisibility cloak. James stood beside them his head-boy badge shining in the light of his wand.
"Shut up Wormtail," James scolded, "I think I hear someone."
They all stopped and listened. With the shuffling noises silenced they could hear something. Laughter drifted through the halls. Soon muffled voices could be heard from some hidden place.
"I think they're in the kitchen," Remus whispered.
"I hope they're Slytherin." James giggled as they approached the hidden door to the kitchen. James poked the bowl of fruit, hitting the apple once and the orange twice. The door swung open into the first layer of the kitchens. They shuffled in James taking the lead they were about to continue through the next doorway when Sirius heard a voice that made him jump.
"Wait!" his whispers called to his friend.
"What?" James whispered back.
"That's Y/n," Sirius explained.
"Hell yeah this is going to be fun," James smiled wide happy to catch you out of bed. "Finally get the bitch back." He began to walk toward the second room in the kitchen when Sirius stepped out from beneath the cloak and grabbed his shoulder.
"Just let me see what she's doing." He asked.
James's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion he opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted.
"Please." Sirius begged his friend, "Then we can bust her."
"Fine" he muttered
Remus handed Sirius the invisibility cloak sighing, "This better be quick." disapprovingly
Sirius rolled his eyes throwing the cloak over him and walked into the next room what he saw made his jaw drop.
There you sat, on the kitchen floor in nothing but a deep green crop top and a pair of shimmery silver booty shorts. Your y/h/l y/h/c hair was cascading down your back like a waterfall that seemed to glow in the candlelight. Next to you sat a brunette girl in a hoodie and sweatpants that Sirius recognized as Kathy Underhill. In your right hand, you clutched a bottle of fire whiskey and in your left, you held a spoon filled with chocolate ice cream from the carton at your feet.
"You know everryboddy thiks that imma stuck up bish now right?" You slurred, clearly drunk.
"I'm sure they don't," Kathy said clearly sober.
"Oooohhh yeahhu they do." You continued. "They're all wike look at that tempershmental bitch who cants take a joke, wow somebody locks her up shes crazy, she fucked a professor for an and she is sooooo stuck up."
"Well it's not true," Kathy said grimacing as you took another swig from the bottle.
"SOO WHAT?" You shouted, your voice suddenly rising as you did from your crossed legs dropping you spoon on the ground, "What am I gonna say, I'm not shtuck up my mom is a alchohalic that blows her money on booze and I had to work all fucking summer in a shitty Cafe where middle-aged men stared up my skirt, to afford the books that the two ashholes you call "funny" you added very dramatic air quotes on the last word. "Ruined for a stupid prank ecaus they are stuck ups dicks who shove money up their asses for fun."
Sirius's eyes widened, he really shouldn't be listening to this conversation.
Tears began to fall from your eyes in large drops and Kathy sighed as you started to blabber nonsense.
"Alright sweetie, let's get you off your feet before your trip and kill yourself," Kathy said rising toward you. You continued to sob as she took the bottle from your hands and helped you to the floor where you buried your head in her lap as she stroked your hair.
"Looks like imma just like my-" You hiccuped "- my bitch of a mother." You groaned angrily.
"Hey honey, you will never be like that woman, I promise." Kathy soothed, "I promise."
"Your the best. I love you" You muttered as you began to drift into sleep.
"Love you too." Kathy sighed.
Sirius was so caught up in the scene in front of him he almost forgot about his friends who were waiting for him. He quickly turned and walked back to the second room where he removed the cloak and looked at his three wide-eyed friends.
"Oh shit," James muttered as he looked at Sirius who looked on the edge of a breakdown. Without another word, Sirius thrust the cloak into his friend's hands and bolted.
Of all the people he knew what it was like to hate your mother, to have nothing, to work your ass off for things that are ruined by someone who had so much more. Now he had caused that pain. He had ruined your books. He had destroyed your hard work. He had caused those tears that sprung from your eyes. He had become what he hated most.
Sirius may be fast but James was faster, and he caught the young boy's wrist before he could escape to god knows where.
When Sirius world around James saw something very rare in his eyes, tears. They were glassy and full. One cascaded down his cheek leaving a shimmering river in its wake.
"Sirius it's not your fault." He said looking at his friend quite concerned.
"I ruined her books." he sniffed,
"We didn't know, it's not our fault her mom's an alcoholic," James explained.
Sirius glared at his friend ripping his hand from James's angrily, "Would you have cared?" he asked bitterly.
"Of course I would," James said sincerely
"I don't think you would have," Sirius seethed taking a step towards him. "You have always had everything, the parents, the money, the house, the smarts, the skills, the girlfriend. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE NOTHING!" He yelled his face red with fury, "So you don't know what it's like to have the one thing you did have ripped from you." He whispered stepping away from his friend taking a couple of steps turning and sprinting back to the common room.
The next morning Sirius woke to see a stack of books on the end of his bed with a note stuck on top.
"Your right, I'm a dick, now please go give that girl these books and essays before I feel even more like shit. P.S you owe Remus big time for the essays" Sirius lifted the note to see a stack of brand new books and on top four essays each with the name Y/n Y/l/n printed in your handwriting on top. He then glanced at the stack of paint covered books in the corner you had thrown at him, they were still there covered in paint. Confusion covered him He then remembered who he was friends with and smiled.
"James you idiotic genius." He muttered looking at each perfectly crafted essay. His eyes were shining.