My Grumpy Bride

I am not Grumpy!
Everybody else is just too happy!

Vikram's pov

I don't know if what I did was wrong or right for society but for me...it was the best decisions that I have ever made.

Finally Akira is not going to go anywhere!
She is Mine now!

Wife of This Rathore!
And Mother of my kids!

After all that chaos, I called the Rajvanshis in my study. Kartik looked disappointed with that bastard Sumedh.
I asked - So, what you all have decided?
Are you going to put him behind the bars or should I do the honours?

Why my husband should be sent to jail? It was not his fault! That bitch lured him! - yelled Lavanya

Shut Up Lavanya! Do not dare! I will not tolerate any foul words against my wife! And what kind of woman are you!
We have all the proofs...he is the culprit!
I am not going to let this go! I have saved him enough times...but this time, he crossed all his limits.
He tried to rape! That sick bastard! I will make sure, he rots in hell! - I roared like a Lion.

Vikram listen! We are sorry for his misbehaviour!
We will apologize to the Singhs. But please, lavanya needs him...she is expecting a baby...she needs her husband! - said Mrs. Rajvanshi

Bhai! I promise, he will get punishments for his deeds but mom is right...please don't send him to jail. I have already booked their tickets to Bangalore. He will not trouble anymore. My guards will be watching him. Rest is up to you! - Kartik suggested

I took a deep breath and said - Kartik, it's just because of you and his unborn baby that I am going to withdraw my case. But he will not attend the weddings tomorrow. And I don't want to hear his name anywhere near Akira!

And, I will not tolerate anything foul more than this!

I patted his shoulder and walked off.
I needed A drink so I went to the bar and had A little whisky and later called it a night.

My eyes fluttered dew to the Sun rays and I sat up on the bed. So, today I am going to officially tie knots with Akira.
I know she is angry with me but I am not going to back off.

Today, is the Day!
I am coming to make you mine Mrs. Akira Vikram Rathore!

I quickly did my business and called Mr. Singh( akira's father). I wanted to apologize to them for my behavior and I am officially going to ask for her hand. Tayi maa is super excited to know this...infcat she is coming with me. Smriti is jumping happily with our kids. They are super excited for this marriage.

If only their stubborn mommy doesn't create a scene anymore!

I spoke to them and the elder Singhs
readily gave their blessings...i avoided Akira knowingly....i will deal with her later. Taayi maa gave traditional Rathore jewelries and the wedding lehenga for Akira.

Soon, it's evening and I got ready for our wedding. Akira and I are getting married before Smriti because later we have to perform certain rituals for her together as their guardians. I was escorted by Smriti to the mandap...she was teasing me...but she knew better to behave as she is going to be the Bride real soon. Everything looked just perfect...all the decorations and lightings were creating a magical aura.
Then I heard the traditional beats of drums announcing the arrival of the Bride.
My eyes found Akira...she was looking nothing less than a Queen. Well, technically she is the next Queen of Rajwada but I cared less.
Her maroon lehenga complimented her glowing skin. The Long delicate twinkling veil covered her beautiful face, as it was our custom to drape the Bride till her pheras.

It was so serene...though it was my second marriage but honestly all this was new to me. I missed all these rituals as my first marriage was nothing traditional...it happened on few pieces of paper and eventually it ended on them as well.

But, now is not the time to think about that bitter part of my life. So, I stood up and offered my hand to Akira but she refused as I had expected.

Oh, my Grumpy Bride!

I sighed and we both sat on the mandap.

Soon, the pandit started to chant the holy mantras. And Smriti tied the end of her veil with my stole. It was time for the pheras...so we stood up.
But I had something in store so I asked the pandit to stop...everybody stiffened then I said - Our Pheras are incomplete without our kids! So, I want both our kids to join in this holy ritual.

Kiyara and Vidit giggled and ran to us...all the guests applauded. And we four took the pheras together. And I promised myself to always look after them.

Soon it was time to tie and magalsutra(nuptial chain) and apply sindoor(Vermillion).
I lifted her veil and believe you me...i wanted to keep looking at her angelic face. She looked flawless...but she never raised her eyes to spare me a glance.
I tied the Holy Chain around her neck and applied sindoor on her head.
The senior Singhs did her kanyadaan and soon, we were announced man and wife!

We took blessings from all and our kids were doing happy dances.
Taayi maa asked us to quickly change as we had to proceed for Smriti's marriage now.
We were sent to different rooms and soon we come out to welcome the Baraat. Akira did Kartik's arti as per our custom and I welcomed all the family.

Akira and I both did Smriti's Kanyadaan. Smriti was crying badly and Akira's eyes filled with tears too but she consoled our crying Smriti.

Soon, it was time for Smriti's Vidaayi. I felt my tears flowing through my eyes. She hugged me tight and I whispered sweet nothings to her.
Akira too comforted her and asked Kartik to always take good care of her. It was commendable that how she did not let the previous chaos affect her opinion towards Kartik.

Soon, my princess left us...and I cried...it was then I felt her palm pressing mine in assurance.

I said - Thank you for understanding!

She retorted - I am not doing it for you! I just felt emotional! And Smriti is like a sister!
Don't think too high of yourself!
And don't mistake it for something your mind has been cooking!

And there she goes! My Grumpy Wife!

The rest of us returned back to the hallway...and we sat on the sofa. Taayi maa was talking with mu in laws about some rituals post marriage.
Vidit and Kiyara came running and jumped on us yelling - Mommy - Daddy!

They were the happiest after our marriage. Pure souls! They anyways, need not know the complications.

They asked if we were their real parents now...not like the pretend play we did earlier!
Akira kissed both the kids and said - yes, We are now your real parents kids!
No more pretend play!

They looked at me and I nodded...they happily clapped and giggled!

Akira too seemed at ease with them around. I got a call from my manager and I excused Myself.

And now, I am here... Standing right outside my room...correction our room...hesitant...whether to knock or not!
Taayi maa told me that Akira is already in there. It felt pleasantly weird!

I knocked twice and entered our room. A strong whiff of fresh flowers hit my nostrils and I saw the room is decorated just like any other room of newly wedded couple. I cursed under my breath but composed myself looking at my Bride...who was sitting at the center of our bed with her veil.

I heard her mumbling - And for Mr. Husband!
Let him come...i will show him what happens when someone messes with The Akira Singh!

Correction! Mrs. Akira Vikram Rathore! - I replied

Time to ensure if I would see tomorrow, because by God, she looked murderous!

Someone save me!

People! Early update! Yaayiee!

Hope you all will enjoy!
Gear up for some fun filled updates!
See you all soon!
Don't forget to share, comment and vote!