Chapter Two

Your POV:

It was quiet when we all gathered in the dining room that night to eat dinner. The meal served there was exquisite, I have never seen anything ever serve so fancy like this back in the Philippines. Though, my mother said I wasn't allowed to eat with my hands because that would be eating like a pig. As the adults ate in silence, so did Dio and I were eating the same manners as they do, that is, until Jonathan was eating sloppily. Dio was quite disdained by his manner of eating, while I was smiling at Jonathan that he has the courage to eat like that.

"Eat with manners Jonathan," His father said sternly.

"Forgive me, father..." Jonathan apologized realizing that there were guests. He looked at me while I smiled at him.

He looked away with a pink tint on his cheek as he uses his napkin to wipe his mouth instead of using his sleeve. What was going through his mind I wonder.

I looked at him and reached over as I wipe the corner of his lip with my thumb. "You missed a spot," I said. He sat there frozen as the pink on his cheeks grew.

"F-Father, may I be excused from the table now?" Jonathan asked stuttering his words.

"You go on ahead now," His father said giving him permission. As soon as he did so, he up and left the dining room quickly. I was confused as to why he left early. Was it because he was embarrassed by something. I looked over to Dio who sat there unhappy and growling as he seems to bend the fork in his grasp with his thumb subconsciously.

"I wish to be excused as well," I said standing up from my seat. "May I? Mother, Father?"

Both my parents looked at me as they nod their heads. "You have our permission." They said.

"Oh! Mr. Joestar, may Dio leave with me? I wish to get to know both of them," I said with a gentle smile.

"However so sweet of you my dear," Mr. Joestar replied with a smile. "Of course young lady, you three be on your best behavior alright? And don't make a mess of things in the rooms," he added.

With that, I bowed my head and took Dio's cold pale hand, and went to the door with him stumbling on his own feet.

Once when we were out of the Dining room and out in the grand room, Dio pulled his hand away causing me to turn around to face him.

"Why must you drag me out of the dining room?" he asked with a scoff, "it is quite rude for you to just drag me out while I was still eating." His eyes feel like they could pierce right through my heart and soul.

"I just assume you wouldn't want to be in there with the adults do all the talking." I said tilting my head, "something wrong with that?"

"Of course not," he said fixing his suit. "but know your place, mouse, I am no ordinary boy that would be willing to be your friend."

"Well, I want to get to know more about you, Dio, after all, you did arrive the same day as I did." I smiled. I barely know him and he and I haven't even talked since he arrived. Jonathan was friendly, kind, and clumsy. We got along very quite well really. "So Dio, mind telling me a little bit about yourself?" I asked as I walked with him around the manor.

He wasn't willing to talk to me that much of course, so I did most of the talking starting from the day I was born to now. Though, his expression was priceless when I told him I wasn't even born rich of a noble.

"I see... You don't look poor..." Dio said with a straightforward reply.

"I get that a lot..." I sighed. 

I looked for Jonathan to hang out with him and get to know him a little more, however, the maids told me not bother to him, for he wanted to be left alone. Of course, I felt a little upset, though, I got to talk with Dio a bit more. 

He seemed to be the rather cold type and hard to get to know. But, I can tell he was such a sweet boy. He told me stories about his mother, but only bits he remembered as a child.

"And your father?" I asked. His attitude soon changed after I mentioned it.

"That old fool? Bah! I care not of him, he can go to hell and burn to ashes there for all I care." He replied with a scornful tone as he spat on the floor in distaste. 

"Goodness.." I said as I covered my mouth in surprise. "My, from how you reacted, your father was a Bastardo..." I added in.

"A what?"

"Bastardo, it is an easy language for me. I'm Filipino you see?" I replied with a smile.

"Huh... are all Filipinos beautiful like you?" Ge asked with a stoic expression, enough to make me blush in embarrassment.

"O-Oh, dear! You flatter me, Dio," I said with a shy laugh, "we Filipinos are beautiful in our own way really... I don't see myself above that category of beauty though."

"Of all my years of encountering girls of your age, I find you the Eve to my heart," Dio replied and moved a strand of my hair behind my ear and gave a flirty smile. 

I see... He's one of 'those guys'. I cleared my throat lightly and looked away a bit before turning away. "I believe I hear my parents calling out my name, I will head back first," I said as I bowed my head gently and walked back down the hall I came from, back to the dining hall.

Dio watched me with his sharp eyes, giving a sly smirk to himself. "I see..." He mumbled to himself as he caught Jonathan from the corner of his eye peeking and listening to their conversation earlier. "hmph... I'm not the only one who has their eyes on Eve..."