The Walk

L-Corp, Two Days Later

"Ms. Luthor, there is a lawyer here to see you."

"Send him in Jess.", Lena said as she dried her eyes and stood up. She had been thinking of Kara again.

"Ms. Luthor. My name is Anthony Copolla, and I represent a client who is interested in purchasing CatCo Worldwide Media."

Lena takes a deep breath, "I'm afraid Mr. Copolla, that CatCo is no longer for sale."

"What do you mean, when did it go off the market?"

"About two minutes ago, when you reminded me that it was still for sale. I bought it on a whim and have decided to keep it, instead of selling it."

"All because of Supergirl's death, how female."

"Mr. Copolla, you can leave my office right now, either through the door or the window, I don't care which at this point. "She was my," Lena couldn't bring herself to say friend, she still didn't believe she deserved, "savior, so therefore I have become emotionally attached to it."

"Emotions, what a waste."

Lena moves quickly towards the man, grabbing him by the lapels of his suit. She pushes him towards the window. "Would you like to see how fucking emotional I can be? How female will it be of me as you plummet 43 stories to the ground? Now get the hell out of my office." As she finished the statement, her two protectors from the DEO came in and escorted the lawyer downstairs.

"Jess, please cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day, I need a break."

"Yes Ms. Luthor."

"And Jess can you please inform our legal department that CatCo is no longer for sale."

"Yes Ms. Luthor. Should I call your car around?"

"No I am going to walk, thank you though Jess."

Jess smiled sadly at the intercom, "You're welcome Ms. Luthor. Remember you have a 9:00 am interview with a candidate for the CFO position."

"I will put it in my phone. See you in the morning Jess."

Lena made it downstairs and out the door, only then did she realize she had no idea where she was going to go. The only thing she knew was that she had to get out of her office. Her protection detail followed a discreet distance behind her. She thought she would be upset with being followed everywhere, but oddly, because it was Kara's last request of her sister, Lena couldn't bring herself to berate the two men.

"So are you two my permanent babysitters?"

"We prefer protection detail Ms. Luthor."

"I'm sorry, so are you two my permanent protection detail?"

"Yes ma'am, we will be with you everyday, is that okay with you?"

"Do I really have a choice?"

"No ma'am, but we can keep further back if you prefer."

"No it's okay, I know you all hate me."

"Ms. Luthor, we don't hate you. Regardless of your part in all this, you were her friend, and we take care of her friends."

"Director Danvers thinks otherwise."

"Yes ma'am, but for her it is more personal, she has lost troops, and she cries every time, but this time it was her sister ma'am, and that makes it a lot harder to separate yourself from, it stopped being part of the job and it is eating her up, she focuses her anger on whatever is in front of her ma'am, and unfortunately at the funeral, you were right in front of her."