Nightwing the Babysitter

Bruce came home from work as Alfred finished cooking dinner. He passed by the boys in the library.

"Hello Damian, Jon."

Jon waved. "Hello Mr. Wanye. How was work today?"

Bruce smiled. "It was a good day, thank you for asking."

Damian never asked. "Good evening, father."

After a few minutes, Jason and Tim came downstairs and walked into the dining room. Damian shut his American History textbook and jumped off of the chair he was on and followed Jon to the dining room.

Jon sat between Tim and Damian, meaning that he was practically caught in the crossfire. They ate dinner, talking about their day. Damian was a picky eater and stirred his mashed potatoes around on his plate.

"Damian. You need to eat." His father said.

Damian groaned. "I'm not hungry."

Jon took a sip of water. "You didn't eat much at lunch."

Damian sighed and took a bite of food. "There. Can I go train now?"

Bruce looked at his plate. "Finish your vegetables."

Damian rolled his eyes. "Fine."

He took a final bite and slid off of the chair. Jon finished eating. "Should I bring my plate to the kitchen?"

Bruce smiled. "It's okay, you can just leave it here."

"Oh yeah." Jon remembered. "Alfred."

---

The boys took the elevator from behind the clock in the library, homework still undone. Jon kept jumping in the air to fly but was stuck at just a levitation.

"Stop that." Damian said, bench pressing an impressive amount.

"What? I'm trying to fly."

"The definition of insanity is doing something repeatedly and hoping that the outcome will be difference."

"Then why do you continually get grounded for not following instructions?"

Damian racked the weights and sat up. "Grayson? Why aren't you in uniform?"

Dick smiled. "I decided I want to spend some time at home."

"He's lying!" Jason shouted, putting on his helmet. "He picked the short straw and now he has to babysit you two."

"And I get Bludhaven." Tim boasted. "Woot woot!"

Damian frowned. "Gotham won't be the only city with a clown I want to kill now."

"Boo." Tim smiled. "I win."

Damian reached into the pocket of his sweatpants and pulled his hand back out with his middle finger pointed out. "Oh shit- when did I pack that?"

"Later, Bastard."

"Later, Orphan."

"And scene." Dick said, turning Damian around and steering him back to where Jon was displaying his super-strength and picking up weights like they were a Frisbee. 

"What are we supposed to even do?" Damian whined.

----

"Right foot on red." Dick read.

Jon stretched and reached out to put his right foot down on the red spot on the Twister map.

"This is stupid." Damian said. He was trying to hold a very awkward position and felt his arms getting tired from partially supporting Jon's back.