Science Fiction by @GrayTheAuthour

Your science fiction judge, GrayTheAuthour has spoken. Because there are two judges in this category, the judges' separate reviews are in their own chapters. Here, you can also find both their scores combined from both judges.

The following awards are the winners of Science Fiction with scores combined from both judges

In 1st place this year, we have 'What We Left Behind' by stxrkissed with a score of 92.25/100! Congratulations! The sticker above will be sent to you shortly, check your inbox!

In 2nd place this year, we have 'The HOPES Project' by avadel with a score of 90.25/100. There is no sticker for your placing, but congratulations!

In 3rd place this year, we have 'The Next Time' by NightsOfSummer with a score of 83/100. There is no sticker for your placing either, but congratulations.

***

Here are your reviews by GrayTheAuthour:

1. PERFECT 10 by jumping_jiminys:

cover: 4/5 -Okay but would like more elements like variations in the font or text color.
title: 5/5 -Good.
summary: 3/5 -Fitting, but quite long. gives a good introduction to the book, but I would've liked a character introduction sooner.
beginning: 10/10 -Good, really interesting start!!
plot: 27/30 -Pretty good plot, only docked 3 points because I was a little confused in the beginning about what was happening and where the story took place.
characterization: 4/5 -Little characterization, we don't really know much about the characters for a while, but I think it fits with the plot of the story.
writing style: 9/10 -Enjoyable to read. Maintains a cold, futuristic tone throughout.
grammar: 19/30 -I had to re-read a few sentences to figure out exactly what they meant, maybe be a little clearer? Lacking lots of commas and other punctuation that could help the reader understand what's happening.
total: 81/100

2. THE HOPES PROJECT by avadel:

cover: 5/5 -I'm a sucker for cool fonts & silhouettes, nice job.
title: 5/5 -Fits story well, but I love how it's one of those that you have to read into to get.
summary: 5/5 -love it! Straightforward, but intriguing.
beginning: 8/10 -Fast-paced but still well-written. definitely a good hook! The foreshadowing was a little over the top, by the time I got to the reveal I felt that I already knew what was to happen. More subtle foreshadowing would give the desired effect without being so obvious.
plot: 29/30 -Very clear storyline, clean and straightforward. Minor sub-plots add so much to the story, it's fabulous.
characterization: 4/5 -Good characterization, just work on showing instead of telling (especially with Ana). Introductions of characters are great.
writing style: 10/10 -Great tone, POV is well chosen and tone stays same throughout.
grammar: 30/30 -Only spotted a few grammar mistakes, nice job editing!!
Total: 96/100 - Will probably be finishing this book on my own time...