"It's not exactly rocket science."

My stomach lurched and I just made it to the bathroom and no more. I threw up the contents of my stomach and groaned.

Four day in a row and I was hugging porcelain. This was one killer bug...eurgh. I felt like complete and utter shit. I leaned back against the bath, wiping my clammy head with a towel. It was about seven in the morning, which meant that mum wasn't up yet and Tommy would be playing hide and seek with the man on the television. I was shaking. I hated being sick; that complete loss of control when everything that you've eaten goes hurtling into the toilet, or the ground if you weren't quick enough.

I was sure something was going about; Sian had been moaning about not feeling well yesterday. She must have given me something. Mind you, the only thing that Sian had given anyone else recently was herpes, courtesy of Rick, of course. I don't think that Billy was going to be going back to her in a hurry.

"Evie!" Mum banged on the door. "Evie, is that you in there?"

"Yes," I moaned back. I stood up and flushed the toilet. My head spun. Oh Jesus, why're you doing this to me? I staggered over to the door and opened it. My mum stood there in her pink flannel dressing gown.

"Were you throwing up in there?" she asked.

"I'm fine," I mumbled. I really wanted to brush my teeth; my breath was making me want to heave again. I tried to shut the door in her face but she wedged her foot in between it and the frame. She pushed into the room. So much for privacy.

"Evie," she said, sitting down on the edge of the bath. "Do you have an eating disorder?"

I wanted to laugh at her.

"Because it's okay if you do, we can get you help."

"Why would you even think that?" I asked, putting the toilet seat down and sitting on it. Eating disorder? Had she seen the amount of food I had put away over the last week?

"Well, I didn't want to say, Evie, but you've been eating all that food and then throwing up," mum said, looking at me. "What was I supposed to think?"

Erm, that I had a bug? Jeez, mother, talk about thinking the worst of someone.

"And I just thought that you were eating for the sake of eating; you don't even like peanut butter," mum muttered.

"Mum, I don't have an eating disorder," I told her as calmly as I could. She seemed to cheer up when I said that. She stood up and went over to the door.

"It could've been worse," she trilled, walking out of the bathroom. "I could've asked if you were pregnant."

Haha, that was even more funny than the eating disorder. I laughed as I listened to her go down the stairs. Then I stopped.

It had been three weeks since I had had sex with Niall. I did the sums in my head. Throwing up, eating peanut butter like there was no tomorrow, major tirdeness and funky dreams...

Fuck!

****

There was no need to panic; there was no chance that I could possibly be pregnant. I was probably just over reacting. Stupid mum; putting ideas like that into my head. Why would she even suggest something like that?

And why hadn't I thought of it? Because you're an idiot, the smug little voice in the back of my head said. It only spoke when I was having a crisis and it didn't really add much to the situation.

The smell of breakfast downstairs made me feel worse so I just held my nose and bolted, probably reinforcing mum's suspicions that I had anorexia or something. I shut the door behind me and felt my stomach churn. This had to be just a bug. There was no way that I could have a baby in there. Even the word baby made me shudder.