33. The reality hit

Start from the beginning

I suddenly felt the urge to remove the hairs from his face, which can allow me to look at his beautiful face without any barrier. Unintentionally, I jerked my hand that was below his head.

"Sharon!" He whispered, as soon as he woke up startled, and also bringing me out of my happy bubnle. I felt a strange pain in my heart when I heard the name that came out of his mouth immediately after he woke up. He still loves her and still hasn't moved on from her. Poor him, I think he was also seeing her in his dream, due to which he was smiling and was calm.

I felt my heart getting heavier and hurtful in its place, as these thoughts invaded my mind. I saw him closing his eyes and biting his lips, as if he regretted saying her name. I quickly averted my gaze and gulped a lump which had formed in my throat. I blinked my eyes rapidly in order to soak back the moisture which was threatening to spill any moment.

You have to control yourself Pia! It is you who is going to be hurt and broken in the end, if you don't control your feelings now. It's only from my side and I also know that he can never reciprocate my feelings back to me. He loves some other girl, even when she is not with him. I am jealous of that girl, who he loved so dearly and he still does.

I heard him clearing his throat seconds later and I blankly looked at him keeping a blank face, not meeting his eyes. I could feel his gaze on me, which made me self-conscious all of a sudden. I shifted in my bed a little.

He cleared his throat again and I looked up at his face, meeting his soft eyes. His eyes were slightly red and were puffed a little. There were these dark circles below his eyes, which seemed to be from something which had stressed him too much. I think he it's because he couldn't sleep properly here, in hospital. Wait... Why is he here, instead of someone else?

"How... How are you feeling?" He asked stuttering and I frowned. What made him stutter all of a sudden?

"I'm feeling much better now" I said and he looked relieved. He smiled at me faintly which made my heart skip a beat. Damn! I can't even stand his smile. Feeling the need to move away from him immediately, I tried to get up but felt the dizziness in my head suddenly.

I balanced myself on one of my elbow and clutched my head by other hand. The pain was shooting again which made me close my eyes shut! I felt warm arms around me, making me sit straight. I opened my eyes to see Swayam's worried face looking at me tensed. He had his arms around me, making my lean sideways on his upper body for support. My one hand automatically was clutching onto his upper arm's shirt, tightly.

I looked up at his face again, only to realise how close we were. My eyes stopped at his deep ones and I was lost in them again. I don't know how but his eyes always manage to capture mine in them. His eyes were filled with so much of compassion, so much of worry at this moment, that it looked like a dream to me. They were intense, which sent shivers down my spine. The feeling was strange. A strange kind of relief, the feeling that says you are safe and at home... I felt my heart thumping so loud that I am afraid he can hear it.

What's happening to me? Why am I loosing myself to him? What is he doing to me? Why is my body relaxing in his touch, like he is the perfect medicine? I quickly looked down, unable to hold the intensity of his gaze. I will go crazy someday if this continues. He quickly loosened his hold around me from the tight hold before, but he didn't leave me. I felt his one hand moving and in the next moment, he held a glass of water near my mouth.

"Here, drink water, you will feel better" he said in a low yet soft tone. I nodded, silently thanking him for water, because I needed it the most, as I felt my throat dry. I took the glass from his hand. My heart skipped a beat the moment our fingers brushed each other's, making our eyes lock once again for a brief moment. I resumed what I was doing and drank the water hurriedly.