Chapter thirty-eight

This is quite a sad chapter. If any of you have experienced what happens in this chapter, I am so sorry. I hope what I write and how I write it helps you. Enjoy xx

----------------------------------------------

Caitlin's P.O.V

I pulled up on my drive behind my dads car. I got out my car and locked it before walking inside.

"Caitlin is that you?" My dad said from the living room.

"Yeah" I replied whilst putting my keys down and taking my shoes off before heading into the living room.

"Sit down there is something I really need to tell you" My dad said with a sad look in his eyes.

"What is it dad?" I asked getting worried.

He held my hands and said "This is hard Caitlin really hard. I love you so much, don't ever forget that"

"I won't dad, your scaring me now. Please tell me" I pleaded.

"I-I have cancer. They said that I only have a month left maybe shorter." He burst into tears.

I just sat there tears threatening to roll down my face. I grabbed my dad and gave him the biggest hug I have ever given.

"Dad I'm so sorry. Your strong and you've got me" I told him. He just nodded.

"Lily is going to stay with auntie Louise and your older enough to stay here" He told me.

"Yeah" I replied. "Well I am going to get ready for bed and go to sleep because I'm quite tired"

"Okay goodnight darling, see you tomorrow" He said to me. I gave him a hug and a kiss before going upstairs to bed.

I put on a long top and put my hair into a ponytail before crawling into bed. The thought of my dad dying is awful. I mean I've lost my mum and now I'm slowly loosing my dad. My life is totally fucked up I can tell you that right now. I still need to talk to brad but today I don't think I can. I promise myself I will.

I scrolled through my social media when a message came through. I opened it and saw that it was yet again from brad.

From brad: 'Hey, I got worried. I thought you ran away or something. I love you. Can we talk now? xx'

To Brad : 'Hi, I won't run away. It will just make everything worse. Not today I've had some very bad news and to be honest I can't face anyone. I just want to cry and be alone."

I replied and put my phone on charge and snuggled down. I was drifting of to sleep when my phone vibrated.

From brad: 'Whats happened baby? Your worrying me now. Please tell me, I'll stay by your side through whatever it is xx'

To brad: 'Fine I'll tell you. My dad has cancer and he only has a month to live. There, that's why I don't want to see anyone today xx'

Brads P.O.V

From Caity: 'Fine I'll tell you. My dad has cancer and he only has a month to live. There, that's why I don't want to see anyone today xx'

OMG! Her dad is dying! I need to go and see her. I grabbed my phone and shoes and ran out the door and round to hers.

I knocked on the door and her dad answered.

"Hi brad she is upstairs in her room" He said.

"Thank you" I replied and went upstairs.

I knocked on her bedroom door.

"Come in" She mumbled. I walked through the door and saw that she was snuggled in bed. As soon as she saw me she burst out crying and I ran over to her.

"Baby it's okay" I said to her as she broke down into my chest.

"No it's not brad my dad is dying. I've lost my mum and now I'm going to loose my dad" She sobbed.

I just cradled her in my arms. I laid down and she laid with her head on my chest.

"Brad, stay with me tonight?" She asked me.

"Of course" I replied. I bent down and gave her a kiss. She moved so her back was facing me and I got behind her and dangled my arm around her small waist.

"Goodnight princess. I love you" I said and kissed the top of her head.

"Goodnight brad, love you to" She replied.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.