six

『 October 2019 』

October 2019 』

🌨

It was always weird for me to open up, especially with people I didn't know well. Although sensitive and emotional, I would never speak my feelings outloud; not with my closest friends nor my family. Whereas Taehyung straightforwardly expressed his attraction for me, I just couldn't despite the mutual feeling.

Friday night was fun. I felt comfortable with him, enjoying his presence more than I thought I would. Nonetheless, my stupid self had to screw things up. "Let's be friends!" I said, what a moron. It's been two days and I still had no news from Taehyung. I was pretty sure he had no plans calling me back.

"You're the only one who loves me!" Suga—my fat white cat climbed on my lap as I petted him

We were suddenly cut off by the sound of the intercom ringing. I frowned, not expecting anyone. With Suga in my arms, I made my way to the door and picked up, only to hear a familiar deep voice.

"Hello? Is this (y/n)?"

"Taehyung? How did you—"

"Thank God!" he interrupted me "I wanted to surprise you but I wasn't sure how to enter your building, so I had to call. Am I bothering you?"

A small sigh escaped my mouth. "Not at all. What do you need?"

I heard him chuckle. "I need you to open the door because I'm freezing my ass out there!"

"Right! Third floor, door 309."

I pressed the button to unlock the door and heard him enter the building through the intercom. Quickly hanging up, I ran to the living room and tried to clean up as much as possible. Thankfully, I always kept my place clean and tidy although the only guests I had were my parents. Well, maybe I did it because of my mother and her constant nagging.

Seconds later, the doorbell rang. Suga jumped off the couch, running to hide under the dining table. Fixing my haircut one last time, I eventually opened the door and saw Taehyung, wrapped up in a large brown winter jacket. He flashed a wide grin, obviously proud of him.

I cocked an eyebrow, arms folded over my chest. "You do realize randomly showing up at someone's place is a rude thing to do?"

He scoffed, clearly unbothered. "Then it wouldn't be a surprise." Before I could talk back, he clapped his hands in excitement. "So, are you going to let me in?"

With a heavy sigh, I let him in. He removed his beanie, his gloves, his jacket, and his shoes in the lobby. He was wearing a black sweatpants with a brown hoodie, casual yet charming.

"I like your place!" the man exclaimed, scanning the living room "Looks warm and cozy."

I was still trying to process what was happening. I though he would never talk to me again, yet here he was, spontaneously showing up at my door. To be honest, I was relieved.

"Huh, you can sit on the couch." I said while heading to the open-plan kitchen "Would you like something to drink?" I peeked opened the fridge "Coke, water or, well—Coke again!"

He picked water. I poured some in a glass then gave it to him. In order to prevent an uncomfortable situation, I choose to sit right across from him. He took a sip of water then placed the glass on the coffee table. His bubbly eyes were staring at me.

"So, why are you here?"

He tilted his head on the side. "I thought we were friends?" an incontrollable blush heated my cheeks "Aren't we supposed to hang out?"

"Right." I scoffed "But you can't just come over without telling me!"

"Alright, you're right." He gave in, hands raised in the air. "You want me to leave?" lips pursed, nervousness seized my whole being as his brown orbs were set on me "Cat got your tongue?"

My heart skipped a beat. His cocky smile made it clear he knew I didn't want him to leave. What a ridiculously handsome being.

"You can stay—but, I would have expect you to bring food."

Before Taehyung could answer, a loud purr sound boomed out. His eyes widened as soon as a white large figure leapt on him. Concerned, I approached them both.

"Ohhh—-hey you~" his big hand was gently caressed Suga, which the latter seemed to enjoy "You have a cat! I love cats." Taehyung beamed

I let out a sigh then sat right next to him, ruffling Suga's hair. He showed his teeth, not liking the fact that I'd disturb his petting moment.

"Looks like he likes me more."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course not. Suga loves mommy more than anyone~" I smiled, poking the cat's tummy

"Suga? Sweet."

"Yeah, he's as white as sugar."

"As white sugar you mean? Because brown sugar exists."

"Obviously, I'm referring to white sugar you idiot!"

"Hey!" Taehyung groaned "Teachers aren't supposed to be rude."

I stood up from the couch. "Whatever. Food?"

He nodded. "Right. How about we order? I'm paying."

As much as I craved for junkfood, I didn't want to let him pay. Also, there was some meat I had to cook before its expiring date.

"You know what? I'll cook for us."

Taehyung cocked an eyebrow, staring at me with a hesitant expression.

"Can you even cook?"

"Look at me." I chuckled "How am I supposed to satisfy that big tummy if I can't even cook?"

We ended up watching a movie at my place while eating homemade food.