ᵗʰʳᵉᵉ ᴵᴵᴵ

CHAPTER 3 ;

THE QUARRY

bill offered to bike ben home after most people left. it was just eddie and richie left in the alley way, they usually walk home (or bike) together. while richie was wheeling his bike out he noticed a notebook on the ground, he crouched down and picked it up. it soon revealed to be a scketch book. and not an ordinary sketchbook, mackenzie brooks sketchbook.

"whats that?" eddie asks walking over. "its kenzies sketchbook" richie says, running his finger along the top of it. "you can give it back to her tomorrow if she comes to the quarry okay?" eddie says. richie nods and puts the book into his backpack. 

when he gets home he puts the sketchbook onto his desk and starts to get ready for bed.

he trys to fall asleep but keeps on looking at the sketchbook. "i'm going to get in trouble" he says and grabs it, he slips back into his covers and switches on his lamp.

he opens the first page and flicks through. they are all drawings of characters/people kenzie has made up. there was a girl who had a mechanical arm, and a boy with a mohawk. he turns to the 'latest' page and sees drawings of four boys. on the top of the page, she put 'losers club' and a heart next to it. he looks at the drawings of the boys and realizes that she drew stan, bill, eddie and richie.

he looks at her drawing of him, and richies stomach feels warm. he feels a whirl of happiness and can't stop looking at the drawing. 'shes such a good artist' he mumbles. he then hears some footsteps come up the staircase. he gasps and closes the book, takes off his glasses and turns off the lamp.

the next morning when richie wakes up he realizes he forgot to put the book back, and sees it in his bed. "gosh i feel so creepy" richie mumbles as he puts it into his bag. "mom! i'm going for a swim with my friends!" he shouts as he straddles his bike. he hears a faint "okay!" and starts to pedal away.

✰♫

kenzie waits patiently at the drug store waiting for beverly. "hey kenz from english" beverly smirks. "hey bev, ready for a swim?" she asks and beverly nods. the both kick off their bikes and start to head down the road.

"whos going first?" one of the boys yells as the girls arrive. "we'll go!" kenzie yells. they boys turns around as the girls take off their sundresses to reveal their swimsuits. "sissys" beverly yells as they both run up and jump off.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" richie shouts as the jump. they both land in the water, splashing around. 

"holy shit! we just got shown up by two girls!" richie complains. "we have to do that now?" stan mumbles. 

"yes!" eddie whispers. "come on!" bev yells, "its nice down here!" kenzie adds.

"shit" stan stutters, his hands shaking. bill walks off the edge, "wooo!" he yells as he falls in. he is followed by richie, ben, eddie then stan lastly. 

when they reach the bottom the two girls start up a water fight, spraying all the boys. suddenly kenzie feels something rise underneath her thighs. she looks down and sees richie hoist her up onto his shoulders. bill does  the same to beverly and they both start wrestling, kenzie eventually shoving bev off bill, she waves her arms in the air with a loud "yayy!" 

she starts to slip off richie when he grips her legs making her feel secure, she rests her hands on his hair when stan comes up behind her pulling her off richie, richie falls over as well, getting a big fright. "fuck you stan!" richie laughs as he gets up. 

a couple of seconds later, richie and kenz make eye contact for a good minute. he looks into her sparklinh blue eyes, which reflects the water and sunshine. "look a t-turtle!" bill yells. kenz shakes her head and dives underwater to see the creature, chilling on the quarry ground.

✰♫

beverly and kenz lay on their backs with a pair of sunnies on, suntanning. the boys sit on a rock, theirs mouth hung open ajar, as they watch the two girls; looking at their bodys. kenzie had more of an athletic figure than beverly. but they were both stunning. 

mackenzie starts to turn her head and she gets a glimpse of all the boys checking them out. she turns to beverly and they start giggling. the boys scramble around trying not to look suspicious. 

"news flash ben, schools out for summa!" richie says looking through his bag. "oh that? thats not school stuff"

"who sent you this?" richie chuckles as he pulls out a post card. "give me that!" ben scoffs as he snatches the card out of his hands and shoves it back into his bag. 

"whats with the history project?"

"ooh can i see?" kenz says as she stands up. beverly stands up too and sits next to bill. kenzie squeezes imbetween stan and richie and glimpes over to the folder. she pushes her sunglasses on her head, which pushes her hair out of the way.

both eddie and richie can't take their eyes off her, same as ben and bill with beverly. 

"y-y-you-your hair..." bill stutters, getting everyones attention. "your hair is beautiful beverly" ben finishes. "oh, thanks" beverly sighs and pushes it behind her ear. kenzie almost forgot that she cut it down all of a sudden. 

"here pass" richie whispers and flicks through. 

"why is it all murders of missing kids?" kenzie asks as richie passes it on to stan. she looks over it and then back at richie. 

"derrys not like anyother town i've been in. they did a study once, and it turns out... people die or disapear six times the national average. and thats just adults. kids are way worse. way, way worse." 

"you read that?" kenz says leaning forward. 

"i've got more stuff if you want to see it?" he offers. 

"no" eddie mouths getting a giggle from kenzie, he quickly turns it to a 'yes'

they all stand up and chuck their clothes back on. kenzie peers over and sees her sketchbook in richies backpack. "hey, where did you get this?" she asks, reaching in and grabing it.

"oh, uh.. you-you dropped it, i think. because eddie and i found it yesturday" he explains, shaking a bit.

"oh thanks. you didn't read through it did you?" she asks a bit anxious. "n-no!" he answers.

"good" she winks as she stradles her bike.