Chapter 6

Gemma POV

The door to a room I had not known exsisted swung open. There revealed a person--wait, no--two persons. Since I was standing afar, I can't really make out their faces. They started walking towards where I am currently standing. I panicked, unsure of what to do. Being the hot headed me is technically useless at this point of time despite my surroundings being hot.

Their features stood out the minute they stepped a few steps away from me. "Mom! Dad!" I exclaimed in joy, my previous wariness forgotten. A couple of long strides from me before falling into my mom's bear hug. "Hey, baby daughter," She said softly into my ear as she pats my long hair.

After a good whole... I don't know... five minutes probably? My lonely father cleared his throat," A-hem, you're missing someone here." I grinned mischievously at him. I pulled away from my mother's embrace and enveloped him in, I hope, my mom's bear hug. I observed my great ole dad as we ended the hugging session. A few grey hair had already grown.

"Dad, you're growing old," I commented cheekily. My father glared at me. I smiled him a sickly sweet smile. Sorry for being straight forward. Oh wait, I'm never sorry. "I'm not!" He protested.

"Don't worry, Dad, you might be growing grey hair but you don't have as much wrinkles compared to grey hair," I said, chuckling. My lovely father then scowled at me."Whatever." My dad is the best Dad that I could ever asked for. Joking is our courtesy. Just sayin'.

"You both stop this right now," my mom scolded. But we both do know that my mom ain't taking this seriously. We both raised our eyebrow.

Our settings then changed. Another shadowy figure standing by the end of the hall. A sense of déjà vu overwhelmed me immediately, I felt a sudden need to barf. But the feeling was appeased rather quickly and I felt fine already. My parents seemed to notice the change and had shortened their gap on both sides of me, standing closer than before.

A question then bugged me like an annoying person keeps on poking you on your arm, wanting to seek your attention. Where was my parents when I'm in school?

Yes. I would like to order the answer please.

Sorry Ma'am, the item you would like to order has been sold out.

I groaned in frustration, inside my head.

But that, I shall wait later. Right now, let's focus on the current situation. We approach the shadowy figure in caution as what are we suppose to do besides that? Right?

Apparently, it's just another woman. Yay. Not a monster. I sigh along with my parents in relief. She hands us another slip of paper. A schedule. Of course, we need one.

Chris POV

My eyes frantically searched the crowd for my sister. I spotted her exact same brown hair as mine bobbing through the crowds. "Madeline!" I shouted. She looked up and gasped when she saw me. We both pushed through the crowds to be reunited.

"Hey Sis!" I greeted her cheerfully.

"Hey lil Bro!" She beamed.

That's our common greeting method. My sister is technically twenty-six, which meant that she is currently working.

"Where were you the ten days before the first president talk? You weren't home when I had gotten home," My sister asked, concerned

"Um." Unsure of what to reply my sister. Before I could even say anything, she was being distracted by something behind me.

"Hey Chris, I'll be right back, don't go anywhere," She instructed.

I was too stunned to even reply. But she did not wait for me to even say anything, she just walked off.

Girls... I don't understand them.

I stood awkwardly in the middle of road, awaiting for my sister to be back.
****
How's it going? Gonna keep it short here in the author's note (not like Emma). Anyways, I apologise for the Chris POV as I'm sure it had been poorly written. It's currently 6a.m. here. Sorry. Please excuse the mistakes and until next time!

-Tempe x