Chapter 5

Gemma's POV
Quite a few lessons have passed. Today seemed like an unusual..I don't know, day? There used to be days and nights in my previous,normal world that I miss so much. But now... There are no days or nights.
Sad but true.
Anyway, I felt that something might happen anytime today. I don't what it was,but I just felt like that. And my six senses are usually correct.
Not trying to brag!
It is now break time and I am currently sitting on the swing.
The swing has become my favourite spot in this school, mostly because this playground area is mostly abandoned and this place helps me think.
I think often think about my parents. I do think about my teachers and classmates as well,but mostly just my parents. And my new life here. In short, I think an awful lot these days.
The bell rings. Just as I am about to head back to class,a teacher's voice booms over the loudspeaker. "All pupils please assemble at the amphitheatre for a talk by the president. Thank you."
A feeling of dread rises inside me. I despise the words 'president's talk' now, seeing as the last time I went to a presidsnt's talk, I got injected by some red liquid/serum and look where that got me.
I trudge among a group of students towards the assembly point. Everybody is silent. The only sounds heard are the sounds made by our feet dragging across the ground and the occasional sigh.
It seems life we are all slightly afraid of what will be happening next. I really hope we won't be getting another injection. I shudder and cross my fingers.
I was shoved towards a guy the moment I stepped into our school's amphitheatre. My shoulders hit Mystery Guy's arm. As I looked at him to apologise,I realised it was Chris. Again.
Why do I keep bumping into him?? It's starting to get annoying.
I debated with myself whether to say sorry or not. You know,cuz earlier I snapped at him and he walked away. In the end I decided to speak up.
"Hey,sorry for bumping into you. It's pretty crowded in here," I said,gesturing around us.
"It's alright," He said,looking down at me. We found two vacant spots and sat down.
This conversation is getting awkward. And I hate awkwardness,if that's a word? So I decided to break the awkwardness of this situation by speaking."You interested for another President Talk?"
"Another talk? I thought this was the first?" Chris asked,confused.
"What? No,this is the second one." I replied. He asked when the date of the first talk was and I said,"March 31st."
His eyes widened,like a lightbulb had just flickered in his mind. Like those cartoon characters you see on television.
Have I told you my curiosity is bigger than the sea? Which is very big,mind you. Well,now you know.
I arched one of my eyebrows. "So you're pretty certain you haven't been to the other talk?" I questioned,my curiosity getting the better of me.
"I'm really sure I haven't." Noticing my disturbed expression,he asked,"Why? What happened?"
"Well...Everyone at the president talk was injected with this red liquid thingy,which is probably why we ended up here. Or at least,that's what happened for me,I don't know how you got here," I explained.
"I...I was also injected with red liquid! I was in a room,it was quite cold in there. Then a man came in and just injected me with the liquid. I protested,but he didn't listen," Chris spoke.
An intuition formed inside me. "If that red liquid brought us here,do you think our parents might be here,too? After all,they were also injected with the liquid!" Chris nodded."There is a possibility." What if...What if the president is here to talk about our parents..? "But where would they keep them hostage in?" I asked. We strained our eyes to see if there were any parents,but it was too crowded.
"Alright,settle down,students! Welcome to your new home. We shall be announcing important details in this talk,so I need your attention," The president began,speaking into the michrophone.
Duh,of course there would be impotant details wait what?! 'New home'?? My eyes widened. Are we gonna stay here...forever?
I held my breathe as I awaited the announcement. "I bet you students have missed your parents quite a lot. So we've decided to organise a family reunion. Well,it's sort of a family reunion."
I heaved a sigh of relief abd happiness races through me. A throat cleared. "You can let go now." I turned toward the voice and found out it was Chris speaking. I glanced down and realised that I was gripping tightly on Chris' arm. Blushing from embarrassment,I let go of his arm and muttered a "sorry". Chris chuckled."S'all good."
I am happier,now that I know we'll be seeing our parents. I am still not contented with being in this world,but I'm happier now. I know I might only get to see Mom and Dad for a short while,but it's better than nothing at all,right?
When you love someone and you haven't seen them for a long time,having the chance to see them even if only for a while,is better than not seeing them at all. Trust me,you'll understand if you're in the situation I am right now.
-----------------------------------------------------
And that is it for chappie 5! I hope you liked it,I spent loads of time typing it out. Sorry for the awkward ending,I didn't know how to end!
Thank you so much for all the reads!! Tempe and I really appreciate it! Can you guys comment some feedback,though? We'd also like to know how to improve our story! You can also comment a negative one,we don't mind!
We're trying to make our chapters longer too! Thank you once again for all the reads,remember to vote,comment and follow!
That is all...for now.
BYE PEOPLE!!!
-Emma x