What the . . . ?

Twilight Princess!Link X Reader

*This was inspired by a prompt I saw on Pinterest, and be prepared for a lot more inspired oneshots to come. Also, I wasn't entirely sure which Link to make this, so I just chose one at random.*

SHORTER THAN OTHERS

(f/bf) = favorite breakfast food (works better if it's a food that needs to be cooked)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Your POV

You groaned as you woke up, shutting your eyes faster than you opened them due to the sun shining through the curtains.

"What's going on?" you muttered, hearing your fiance cooking something downstairs. You looked down at yourself, not expecting to see smooth, (s/c) hands attached to (s/c) arms. No signs of age. Only covered with the occasional scar, remnants of memories from your adventure with Link.

"How...?" You sat up, inspecting yourself completely.

Not a single wrinkle or sign of any previous pregnancies.

What was going on?

You looked down at your clothes, realizing that they were the short, sleeveless nightgown you used to wear in your first few years of marriage.

They fell apart. You distinctively remembered.

So how were you...?

"Link?" you called rubbing at your eyes and feeling your soft, smooth face.

There was a distant clink of utensils before the sound of someone climbing the ladder to get to the bed.

Your fiance's head popped up above the landing. "Yes, (Y/n)?"

"What day is it?"

Link raised an eyebrow. "Uh, it's three days before your birthday."

You sucked in a breath. "How old am I turning again?"

You died... How was this happening?

After a moment, a laugh passed his soft lips. "Oh, my beautiful (Y/n). You're turning 23."

You sat there for a moment, scratching at your hair. It was soft, clearly having been recently washed. It was (h/c).

"You've also been asleep for two days in a row," he added, putting his arms on the landing and resting his chin on his crossed appendages. "I didn't want to wake you, seeing how you'd just returned home from such a long journey across Hyrule."

You slipped out of bed, just then realizing what was going on.

You had just dreamed an entire life in these past two days. You dreamed from the moment you fell asleep to the moment you died of old age. You remembered a pretty good chunk of the dream.

This meant that you had the wisdom of an elderly woman, but the body of an almost-23-year-old.

"Ah. Of course," you mumbled, stretching.

Not going to lie, it was nice to feel your young body again.

"I'm making (f/bf), by the way," Link mentioned, climbing up the rest of the ladder to envelope you in a hug. "I thought you'd be hungry."

You smiled, feeling (and kind of hearing) your stomach growling. "Thanks, handsome."

He pulled away far enough to capture your lips in a kiss.

It was soft and innocent. Neither of you were really used to the fact that you could do this. Could do something deeper than that.

"Your welcome, princess," he responded, that dazed, lovesick smile your missed so dearly gracing his lips.

You smirked.

Oh, you wanted to get him back for the last kiss he'd given you in your dream.

You kissed him again, not nearly as innocent as before. You felt vindicated when he yelped beneath you, but quickly composed himself and answered your eagerness with his own.

Before things could get as heated as you honestly wished, you pulled away, leaving the man panting.

"I'm going to go eat," you said, grinning at the red hue on his cheeks.

Link looked dazed, grinning yet almost gasping for breath. "Alright," he breathed, only half-hearing what you said.

You 'booped' his nose and maneuvered around him, quickly retreating down the ladder before he could recover.

You barely made it to the kitchen before you heard a desperate "Hey!" come from the bedroom.

You laughed, hearing him clambering down the wooden ladder and making a rather loud 'thump' at the end.

"You can't do that to me!" he whined, racing into the kitchen and restricting your movements by wrapping his arms around your waist.

"I didn't want the breakfast to burn," you replied nonchalantly, leaning your head onto his shoulder and pushing your face into his neck.

Link huffed, turning his head to kiss you again.

This time, he pulled away after a moment and allowed you to get some food.

"You better finish what you started after we eat," he pouted, crossing his arms over his chest and pushing out his bottom lip slightly.

You sent him a wink, taking to the food off of the fire. "Oh, don't worry. I was planning on it."

To your eternal bliss, he blushed heavily, and turned away with a hand over his mouth.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It has been almost a year since that day.

You didn't tell Link about your dream. It didn't seem entirely necessary.

Besides, it was fun to watch him stumble over his words in vain attempt to come up with something even remotely similar.

You had a plan to baffle him again.

And, oh Farore, you were ready for it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You found Link after a while of searching in Ordon Spring, gently washing his beautiful horse, Epona.

"Hey, honey!" he called, spotting you by the gate. "Do you know what we're having for lunch?"

You shrugged, taking light steps over to the two.

He greeted you with a kiss, keeping his wet (and partially soapy) hands on the equine.

"A wise mother once said that women shouldn't always cook the meals."

Link's eyebrows scrunched in the middle of his forehead. "Uli said that?"

You rolled your eyes. "No. I did."

He looked taken aback. "But you're not... We don't..." Realization struck his nerves and his face immediately broke into the biggest grin you'd ever seen. "Oh my Goddesses!! You're a- I'm gonna be a- We're- Ah!!!!!"

You laughed as he picked you up, spinning you around all the while holding onto you with a firm grip.

Him being him, he ended up slipping.

Meaning that you both toppled into the spring.

You couldn't care less, though.

After all, you had a wonderful future to look forward to.