Sick Day

Modern!Link X Reader

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Aachoooah!"

A sneeze rang through the mostly empty space of your apartment.

You had called in to work, saying that you hadn't been feeling well, and actually ended up throwing up while still on the phone.

To accompany the nausea, your nose and throat had decided to attempt to kill you as well.

You stumbled into the dark kitchen, fumbling for the light switch, all the while sneezing your face off.

"Medcine must've worn off," you said to yourself, your stuffy nose causing your voice to sound distorted. "Where'd I een pud it?"

You looked in the small medicine cupboard, shocked to see no pain relief, tylenol, ibuprofen, or daytime cold medicine.

"I coulda sworn..."

You groaned upon realizing you left your phone in your bedroom.

You owned a small two bedroom apartment, one being your bedroom and using the other as an office space. The entire place in the complex was quite small and decently cheap. You only dealt with this because you figured having a decently high paying job and a cheap apartment would result in getting more money faster in your bank account.

It was working so far.

Your eyes watered slightly as you sneezed again.

Through the water, you clicked the call button.

Your best friend, and crush of at least 9 years, was a man named Link. He was so very kind to everyone, and had been your friend since middle school. You were both going on 25 this year, and you were proud to consider him your friend.

"Hello, (Y/n). How's it going?" He asked.

Despite your condition, you couldn't help but smile at hearing his voice.

"Hello, Link. I'n sick and don have medcine. Can you bring some?"

"Oh. Absolutely. I'll be there in 10."

"Kay. See you soon."

"You too, (Y/n). See you in a bit."

You hung up, flopping yourself on the couch, burying your face into the fluffy pillows.

You either feel asleep or Link was speeding, because it didn't feel like 10 minutes when there was a knock on the door.

"(Y/nnnnnnnnnnnn). Open the doooooooooooor."

"Nooooooooooo."

Your sick brain didn't remember giving him a key to your apartment, but you still weren't too terribly surprised when he opened the door himself, locking it behind him.

"Oh. Poor little (Y/n)."

He sat on the edge of the couch, gently massaging your back.

And damn did it feel good.

You groaned into the pillow, more than happy to have his hands on your back.

"What are your ailments? Other than a stuffy nose, that is."

You spoke into the pillow, your voice too muffled for you to even understand.

Link laughed. "What was that?"

He rolled you onto your back and picked you up bridal style.

"Stooooooop, Link. You gonsta get sick!"