Stargazing

Twilight Princess!Link X Reader

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~

"H-hey," a timid, (e/c) eyed girl said. It was her 9th birthday, and she had no one to spend in with.

The 10-year-old boy she'd been addressing looked up at her, seemingly surprised she'd decided to talk to him. "Oh, hey. Do you need something?"

Under that beautiful blue stare, the girl began to become a blushing mess. "Um... H-hi! I, uh..."

A small smile graced his lips. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to, uh... I wanted to know if you'd like to... Spend some time... Together..."

An eyebrow rose on the handsome boy's face, the smile growing. "Any particular reason why?"

The poor girl covered her face, hoping the heat would go away. "It's my birthday," she muttered, her voice muffled by her hands.

The boy stood, removing the hands from her face. "What was that?"

"It's my birthday," she said again quietly. "I don't have anyone to share it with."

He lifted her chin with a finger. "I'd love to spend some time with the birthday girl."

Even though it was mid-morning when they began playing, it wasn't long after dusk when they finally went home.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Hey, (Y/n)," your best friend said, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. "Whatcha up to?"

You smiled and looked at him. He still looked as handsome as he had 7 years ago, if not more. "I was just remembering the day we first met. It always makes me happy."

"It also always makes you blush," he pointed out, poking your cheeks with his smooth fingers.

You batted his hands away, a playful smile on your lips but a genuine blush on your face. "Oh, shut up."

He chuckled. "You know it's true though. You couldn't stop blushing that day."

You sent a anger-less glare in his direction. "You just made it too difficult. What was I supposed to do?"

He scratched the back of his neck, a nervous chuckle coming from his throat.

"What are you doing in my house, anyway?" you asked, turning back to the soup you were making for dinner. "Shouldn't you be eating dinner?"

"Hehe. About that..."

You sent a questioning glance in his direction before adding a titch more salt to the mizture in front of you.

"I was actually here to ask if... Well, I was wondering... Um..."

"Link," you stated, keeping your focus on your soup. "What are you here to ask about?"

Link nervously cleared his throat.

He's never like this, you thought, stirring some sage into the soup.

"Will you stargaze with me tonight?"

Your hands stilled, and your back stiffened. "Why are you asking me?" you said tightly. "Weren't you going to ask Ilia?"

"When I asked you if I should ask the girl I fancy to stargaze with me tonight, I was talking about you. I don't have romantic feelings for Ilia."

Your hands fell to your sides, a massive smile beginning to form on your lips.

You let him come closer, until you could see his boots standing beside you.

"Will you, (Y/n)?" he asked, raising your chin with a finger like he did all those years ago.

You couldn't help but throw your arms around his strong figure. "I'd be honored," you said, taking a deep breath in.

Damn, did he smell good.

He loosed a tense sigh, relaxing in your hug and wrapping his arms around you. "You had me really worried for a second there, (N/n)."

"It may or may not be the last time. We'll find out later."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At midnight, Link helped you onto your sturdy wooden roof.

Unlike what most would think, your house was located over by Link's. Like his own, it was in a tree.

Three trees to the left, to be exact.

But from the roof, there was nothing blocking the view of the sky.

It was absolutely gorgeous.

It was a clear sky, and a full moon. All the stars glowed brightly, and the there was a gentle breeze rustling your hair.

You sat by Link, father apart than you would've liked, but close enough to still feel jittery.

In your peripheral vision, you saw Link staring at you.

You turned, locking your (e/c) eyes with is gorgeous blue ones.

The breeze blew through his dirty blonde hair, causing it to sway ever so slightly. A genuine smile pulled the corners of his mouth upward. He rested his right cheek against his clasped hands upon his knee.

He looked outrageously ethereal.

"You look beautiful tonight, (Y/n)," he said, breaking the near-silence.

You blushed, but responded, "You look outrageously gorgeous every moment of your life."

He scooted closer, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. "You looked ethereal since the moment I first laid eyes on you."

"Not nearly as ethereal as you, Link," you said, keeping your eyes locked, despite the fact that you two continued to get closer.

He let out a breathless chuckle. "If that's what helps you sleep at night, Sweetheart. I just hope you know that there is no chance that anyone could be as beautiful as you. Not even the Goddess herself."

"I doubt that," your breathed.

You could his sweet breath on your blushing face. All you could see was his beautiful eyes and his soft lips.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked, pulling you into his lap, without breaking eye contact.

You smiled, putting your hands behind his neck and his wrapped around your waist. "If that'll help you sleep at night, Sweetheart."

There was no more hesitation between either of you before you closed the distance between your lips.

You both smiled, forcing you to lean back barely enough to look into each other's eyes.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that," he murmured, leaning his forehead against your and closing his eyes.

"Do I want to know?" you asked playfully.

A growl came from the back of his throat as he pulled you back into his.

The amount of passion and need in the kiss was enough to push you toward the edge.

The sync of your lips felt so right, so perfect, it took your breath away.

Both of you being living things, you pulled back to get some oxygen.

Before he could lean back in, you put a finger to his soft lips.

"I have a feeling we want to take this downstairs."

Another growl erupted from his throat, pushing you even closer to the edge.

Link took barely any time to scoop you up into his arms, jump off the roof and rush you into the house.