The Surface Girl Pt. 2

Skyward SwordLink X Reader

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

You knew the exact amount of time it took for Link to leave and come back, alive and the hero of the Skies.

It was 6 months, 3 weeks, 2 days, 16 hours, and 32 minutes.

But none of that mattered.

He was back.

The one your soul was eternally bound to was back.

As soon as he was close enough, you wrapped your arms around his strong figure, and didn't let go for what felt like forever.

"I physically couldn't get you out of my head," he muttered into your neck, his breath sending a small shiver down your spine.

"Neither could I, don't worry," you muttered,

He smiled, his content position sending a jolt of relief through your very soul.

For this life, you wouldn't hurt.

This time, you would be able to be happy.

"Hey, (Y/n)?" he murmured, his breath caressing your neck.

"Hm?" you replied, your hands running through his soft hair.

"Can you promise me something?"

A mysterious pang in your heart caused you to inhale sharply. "Anything. As long as it makes you happy."

He drew back, staring into your (e/c) eyes. "Promise me you'll tell the future me about our situation before it's too late. I don't want you getting hurt like you have already."

Your eyes fell from his, staring at the grass earth; guilt seeped into your heart and mind.

"There's a slight problem with that," you breathed, trying not to look at the gorgeous man in front of you.

His fingers hooked under your chin, forcing you to meet his gaze. "What do you mean?" His tone was laced with confusion and worry.

You closed your eyes, unable to see him worried. "While you were away, a message came from the Goddess. I told you much earlier than I was apparently supposed to. I was told that should it ever happen again, there would be... undesirable consequences. Five lifetimes in a row without your love, to be exact."

You sensed his face come closer, his sweet breath now on your face. "How early can you tell me, then?" he barely whispered, only half wanting to know the answer.

"Once we're both 20. No sooner."

"Open your eyes," he muttered, a hand stroking your cheek.

Slowly, your eyes opened, revealing the unshed tears you were trying to hold back.

As they began to leak from your sparkling eyes, Link gently wiped them away. "Then promise me that as soon as we're both 20, on the younger's birthday, tell me. I can't promise anything afterwards, but I felt something the first time I met you. As if my soul began to lift as I held your gaze. I don't doubt that the future heroes will experience something similar. They'd be a fool to dismiss the feeling."

You smiled through the tears that had began to flow freely. But every time another touched your cheek, his gentle fingers brushed them away.

"I hope you know how beautiful you are, (Y/n)," he said, pulling you against him again. "Never let anyone or anything tell you differently."

"Only if you do the same thing," you said, the stream of tears finding its end.

He pulled back enough to stare his gorgeous blue eyes into your own (e/c) ones.

You placed a hand on his cheek, giggling as he leaned into your hand as his own covered it.

"I want to stay here forever. Here in the beautiful Faron Woods. Here with the girl of my dreams. Here where I know I'll be happy."

As he finished speaking, he leaned forward, nearly closing the distance between you.

"I can say the same thing," you breathed, each word causing your lips to brush against his.

The touch sent a jolt of heat throughout your entire body, shining on your face.

He smirked. "Good."

He pulled you into him, eagerly crashing his lips onto yours.

There was so much need and passion, and you couldn't help but return it with as much eagerness.

You'd been waiting many years for this moment.

And you sure as hell wouldn't let it go any time soon.