23. smuggled love

En başından başla

"We're back, bitches!" A collective excited scream could be heard as everyone seemed to clamor out of the dropship.

You let out an elated scream as you touched the ground, the moment feeling so surreal. You inhaled deeply, moving to touch a tree, so overwhelmed with the sensation of being on the ground that you nearly began crying again.

You nearly shrieked as you felt a tap on your shoulder, turning around speedily to find yourself face to face with Bellamy Blake. Your heart caught in your throat as you stood close to him, still not having quite recovered from the fright that he had caused when he tapped you. He looked at you oddly, as if trying to place you, and you rolled your eyes and stared back at him expectantly, waiting for whatever he was going to say. He took a hint, awkwardly clearing his throat, a smug smirk on his face.

"Thanks." He said, his smirk shifting into a normal smile, and you immediately felt comfort and warmth radiate from him, causing you to smile in return. "For standing up for my sister." He elaborated, extending his hand. "I'm Bellamy Blake."

"(y/f/n)." You offered, shaking his hand.

His smile morphed back into a smirk, and almost immediately you felt a change in his demeanor, gaining the urge to punch him, preferably in the face. "Well, have fun." He drawled as he walked away from you, and you rolled your eyes, ignoring him.

You tried to take in the scenery as much as you could before you needed to return to the dropship to find exactly where the supplies had been stashed. And to make sure that no one else had found them before you did.

You saw Clarke and Spacewalker in the distance, holding a piece of paper, and you slowly made your way over to her, knowing that despite the mischievous nature of most of the kids, everyone would be exploring the ground rather than staying in the dropship.

"There a problem?" You asked, interrupting their conversation, and you were sure that Clarke shot you a grateful look. If you were her, you would've too; there was something about Spacewalker that rubbed you the wrong way. But you would have to deal with him seeing as you were all stuck down here for the foreseeable future.

"Yeah." She answered, turning to you. "They dropped us on the wrong damn mountain."

"Of fucking course they did." You exclaimed, exasperated, your arms moving to enunciate your point.

"I know, right?" She asked, equally as exasperated, as the two of you made your way back to the dropship, not bothering to check if Spacewalker was going to follow.

"Need help reading the map?" You offered as you both settled down on the door of the dropship, huddled over the map, trying to offer help. Perhaps you would need to find those supplies sooner rather than later...

"No, I'm good. But thanks."

You nodded in response, letting her know that it was no big deal. You were secretly glad that she had not asked for your help, seeing as how maps were never your strong suit.

You glanced around, seeing Wells coming over, a stoic look on his face, and decided that you would rather avoid whatever awkward conversation was about to ensue. "I'm gonna be right back, okay?" You let her know, walking towards the back of the drop ship, offering Wells a slight nod of acknowledgement as you passed him.

You saw a loose bit of metal paneling, and made your way over, looking around the are to make sure that there was no one around. As the area cleared, you pulled back the piece of metal slightly, revealing about 10 large wooden crates, which, from where you could see, looked relatively unharmed.

You released the bit of paneling, walking back to the front of the dropship once more, standing on the door which had become something of a ramp, to see many people starting to gather around. You were pretty sure that someone would try to fight Wells and while you were not a fan of his father, you liked him well enough; he was a good lab partner.