🅣🅦🅞

SONGS:
1. Dying in LA (Panic! At the Disco)
2. Unsteady ( X Ambassadors)

---------------------

"Hello dear." you turned around and faced an elderly woman.

"Hello."

"Do you need any help?" She asked.

"Oh, no thank you! I was just looking around."

"And you decide to do so at a section called School Books?"

"I guess so." your voice trembled a little and the woman smiled.

"You're a terrible liar, honey." she stated. You immediately felt your cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

"I-I'm sorry."

"What's going on?" she inquired and you sighed in defeat.

"I need new textbooks." You revealed. She giggled in excitement.

"Why didn't you say so?! Do you need all those 7?"

"Y-Yes but..."

"That will be 210 dollars. Do you have the money?"

"That's what I was saying.. You see..I can't really..."

"Oh" she faced you again. However, this time you felt something different coming from her, understanding and pity. "You don't have the money, do you?"

You smiled awkwardly and shook your head no. Your mind wondered how extraordinary  it would be like if you ever actually had that amount of money as you sighed deeply and stole a last glance from the shelf, walking away. Yet, you were stopped by the old lady.

"Wait." You turned around and smiled towards her. "I have an offer to make you."

You kept silent, letting her speak.

"How about.. I give you the books and you come to work for me? I could use an extra hand here." You were astonished. That's the opportunity you had been lurking for.

"Yes but.. I'd have to pay the books."

"I'll take it out on your salary. You come to work for me, after school until the shop closes and then you can go home. The payment will be 30 dollars a week and you can start receiving as soon as you have paid for all of those." She pointed to the untouched books "What do you say?"