Pt: 1 Wakeup_Sequence

Neo-Minecraftia
2:24 AM
3027 AS 

A dim lighting fixture hung loosely above Tyler's head, fading in and out every so often due to it being aged and needing replacement. He traced his forefinger along the steel panels that made up the floor, dust gathering on the edges of his finger. He rubbed his finger and thumb together, a small metal on metal sound resonating through his ears.

The muffled sounds of machinery clanking together and the whirring sounds of drills and electric screwdrivers could be faintly heard through the metal door that blocked Tyler and his female counterpart, Shelby, from the outside world. The young boy gave a heaved sigh and leaned against a pile of wooden crates. Thoughts of what the outside world could be like flooded his mind like a tsunami. But those thoughts were shot down by other invading thoughts.

Maybe there are more beings like us outside of the Metalworks, but then again, why keep us here if there are more like Shelby and I? Are we special?

He shook his head as if to shake the thoughts away, but they kept rolling in like waves on a shore. Tyler tried to focus on other things, but what other things could be focused on? He was stuck in the Metalworks.

The Metalworks, is a place for technological and scientific advancement. Placed on the outskirts of a large city, the Metalworks are meant for fusions of humans and machinery and other objects for the purposes of science, also known as genetic modification. It's called the metalworks as most fusions tend to be fusions of human genes and machinery. Cyborgs were the Metalworks main experiments, and that's what Shelby and Tyler are.

That's what they told the outside world. If any of the outside humans ever lived here in the position Shelby and Tyler are in now, they would realize it's not just an insanely large factory with large spires towering over the city, but really a sadistic mill bent on destruction of humanity with their crazy experiments and tests run by an omnipotent intelligence called N.O.T.C.H.

Tyler casted a glance over in Shelby's direction, who had her head buried in her knees. Her long red hair obscuring her face and parts of her shins. A metal band was coiled around her arm, symbolizing that she was property of the Metalworks. She wore a baggy grey t-shirt and matching grey pants. The two weren't given much possesion wise.

Tyler casted his gaze at the large metal door holding them both prisoner. It was wide and just another thick sheet of steel that was heavily stained with oil and rust, as was everything else in this horrific factory. He slid his hand on the cool metal, as if it would open with just his touch. Tyler wanted to get out of here, and take Shelby with him.

They say nobody escapes the Metalworks without being caught, and it has not been proven wrong yet. A melon fusion named Bashur got out, only to be caught a day later and brought back. The same went for a boy with alien strength and power. I believe his name was Solace, but he was not quite sure.

Their efforts were for nothing though, their memories were recalibrated back to know nothing but the Metalworks. It’s what happens when one enters the plant. Their memory gets recalibrated to know next to nothing about the outside world, and from there they only know the Metalworks.

"Something must be out there that they don't want N.O.T.C.H doesn't want us to know about, or they don't want the outside world to know about us."  Tyler thought to himself.

He crawled over to Shelby, whose head was still buried in her knees. She looks up and was slightly startled by Tyler's presence. She lets out a relived sigh to know it was only the cyborg boy.

Tyler looked around before speaking to her. He knew that they are being watched and probably eavesdropped on too. So he leaned his head in and whispered,

"I'm going to get us out"

She pulls her head away and barks, "How are you going to do that?"

He put a finger over his mouth. "Shhhh"

She crosses her arms and repeats what she said.

"I don't know, but I'll find a way"

"It's not going to happen stupid" She spat the words she spoke like it was venom. "Don't you know what happened to Solace and Bashur? Their memories were recalibrated so if we did escape our efforts would be in vain because we would get caught!"

"Damnit Shelby stop yelling!" The cyborg boy screamed in a hushed voice back at her. "I'll be found out"

Tyler liked her but he thinks she hates his guts. Tyler wouldn't blame her for hating him, or anyone at that. They're all assholes here. Being locked up in the dark for years would make anyone bitter and emotionless.

Tyler scanned the room for items that could be potentially useful for escape. Loose nuts and bolts were scattered across the floor and wooden crates were piled high enough so that they could almost touch the ceiling. A crowbar was hidden behind the pyramid of crates. It was probably used to open the boxes back when this place was used for storage and not a prison cell for cyborg children.

A grin creeped across his face as an idea began to take shape. Tyler turned his head to take a peek at the door, which was rusted and weak from the years it has been here. The same went for its lock.

He grabbed hold of the crowbar and peek at Shelby, whose face had turned from bitter to confused as Tyler got a decent grip on the metal bar. He twirled it in his hand and smashed it against the door’s lock once, twice, three times.

Never had Tyler felt such power surge through hime or have the strong desire to escape. But right now, my mind was focused on Shelby, as he did not want escape for himself, but for her. 

After the third hit, the lock broke.