Chapter Two: Asking

Soul's POV

As Maka and I are walking to Lord Death's office, I keep thinking about this morning.

I curse myself. I could've asked her then and there! Jeez, why am I so stupid! I've been in love with Maka ever since we met, and I played the piano for her. Ok, I'll ask her after this meeting, I have to. No backing down Soul.

I glance at her. Her dirty blond hair is in pigtails and her emerald green eyes are staring intently at everything as if it has the most significant meaning in the world.

Suddenly, her attention focused on me.

"Soul, what are you looking at?" She asks bewildered.

"Nothing." I mumble and look away, sticking my hands in my pocket as. Then I have a different idea. I grab her hand instead. Her cheeks grow red, but she squeezes my hand, and I squeeze gets back

We walk like that, hand in hand to Deaths office. Until her 'papa' came running down the hallway toward us.

"DON'T YOU TOUCH MY MAKA WITH YOUR FILTHY HA-"

"MAKA CHOP!" MAKA yells next to me and Spirit collapses with a fountain of blood spewing from his head.

"Let's go Soul." She says pulling on my hand. We walk around her sobbing father while he's saying,"Papa loves you Maka! WHY!"

She sighs and we continue on.

When we reach Lord Deaths office, Maka lets go of my hand. I pout a little internally, but then regain my cool posture.

"Hiya Soul, Maka. How's it goin?" Death asks in that cheery voice."I called you down here because I have a very special mission for you two. There is a witch on the loose, I think Medusa is her name, and she has been killing random people for no apparent reason. You two will leave tomorrow morning and travel to Italy. That is where she was last seen. Am I understood?"

"Yes Lord death, thank you." Maka says.

After that we bow and leave."How long were we in there Soul?" She asks. I look at my watch and it already says three o'clock.

"A couple hours, so it's time to go home." We walk outside to my motorcycle and I get on, Naka jumping on after me and securing her arms around my waist. I blush slightly and mentally prepare myself. I'm gonna ask her when we get home. I have to. No more holding it in Soul!

We drive in peaceful silence until we get home. We hop down and go inside. We're greeted by Blair in her cat form as she rubs against Maka's leg. She looses her balance and falls again. I catch her same as this morning and I realize our faces are inches apart.

"Maka, I was wondering, if you maybe, wanted t-to be my girlfriend?" I as nervously.

"Yes Soul, I'm so happy you finally asked me!" I lean in to kiss her, but Blair interupts us.

Maka chuckles and walks into her room, leaving me alone in the kitchen, staring after her.